Voltage Numbers

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yukonerdave

Reaction score
Just wonderin what y'all think:

Standing still (about 2 days after last ride): 13.03v
Ignition on before starting: 12.34
Drop while starting: 10.3
Idling after a 20 minute ride: 13.99
4k RPM: 13.99

The fact that it is higher idling after the ride than it was when I started suggests that the system is charging, right? But the fact that it does not jump at all when I increase the RPM suggests otherwise, I think. I have the big DieHard AGM battery, and an R1 R/R, but I've been told the R/R unit is shot and needs to be replaced. Does that sound plausible, given these numbers? Anything else I should check?

Actually sounds like the R/R is ok to me. Should'nt increase past 14ish or the regulator would not be working properly.

Your charging system is fine, those are good numbers.

Just wonderin what y'all think:

Standing still (about 2 days after last ride): 13.03v
Ignition on before starting: 12.34
Drop while starting: 10.3
Idling after a 20 minute ride: 13.99
4k RPM: 13.99

The fact that it is higher idling after the ride than it was when I started suggests that the system is charging, right? But the fact that it does not jump at all when I increase the RPM suggests otherwise, I think. I have the big DieHard AGM battery, and an R1 R/R, but I've been told the R/R unit is shot and needs to be replaced. Does that sound plausible, given these numbers? Anything else I should check?

Hey Dave
Is the R/R I sent you???
Reason I ask is Murphy's Law came into play this weekend.
I was out with my Chapter this weekend and my R/R shit the bed.
Luckily we were close to one of the members house and he had a trailer.
Wouldnt you know it, as soon as I get rid of my spare mine craps out.
No worries, there is an MC scrap yard close by.

Yes your R/R is fine if it is holding steady while increasing RPMs and reading 14v

Back