Wanting more exhaust volume

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Max D

Reaction score
After riding my new 06 Max for a few weeks I have come to the decison that stock exhaust is entirely to quite. I've listened to alot of sounds in other threads and I didn't care for the modified stock muffler sound. I like the look of the Kerker carbon systems but don't like 4-2-1 I like 4-2. So does the Hole shot exhaust fit my bill or should I be happy with some super trap slip on's? I'm not crazy about the mega phone look but the price is nice. Also does anyone know if Kerker makes Carbon slip on's? If so will they give me the volume I'm wanting.

+1,
I had the Holeshot slip ons and thought that they sounded good until I purchased the "Marks pipes" system and now my bike sounds like a hot roded big block.:eusa_dance::eusa_dance:
They`re just loud enough to get attention and have a deep sweet rumble.
and I`ve noticed that my bike has a little more power in her too.:biglaugh::biglaugh:
I wouldn`t trade them for any other exhaust system.
<<Dave>>:punk:

I had a hard time deciding between the holeshot 4-2, and marks 4-2. I finally chose the marks because he had one hell of a sale awhile back. I couldn't be happier! Excellent quality and service, plus they sound badass! There are a lot of other nice exhaust systems to consider, so do some research and get the one that fits your style and budget. Most of the exhaust systems have more options than what is shown on their websites. Might be worth your time to make a few calls. Happy hunting!

Jeff

+1 Marks Pipe.

If you like the single sided exhaust look then it would be a Kerker with Comp Baffle.

Yes I have looked at his exhasut before and for sure these pipes are perfect price and look wise and everyone on here seems to really like them. However I have no idea how to purchase a set. His website has no contact info??????

Did you see the link I posted above?

He's in Cali I believe. Although something makes me think it's Nevada... Hmm...

Chris

California. You have to call him, and leave a message if he doesn't answer.(760) 948-1346 Go with the 12 inch cans and 2&3/4 openings.....you won't regret it!

His phone number is in the link Chris inserted in the last post.

I always had good luck hooking up with him in the morning, about 11:00 am Eastern.

I have the Marks with 14" cans, 2" openings. I just installed a Marks system on evenhanded's bike with 12" cans and 2&3/4 openings. When his is next to mine, you can hardly hear mine running! Both sound AWESOME!!!

I'm very happy with my Mark's 4-2 with Level One Racing 13" mufflers. LOR mufflers have 2.25" cores as well as outlets. They make 10", 13" and 17" mufflers. They will make the inlet to whatever size you need.

Attachments

• PICT0131.jpg
    PICT0131.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 30
  • PICT0134.jpg
    PICT0134.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 32
I'm very happy with my Mark's 4-2 with Level One Racing 13" mufflers. LOR mufflers have 2.25" cores as well as outlets. They make 10", 13" and 17" mufflers. They will make the inlet to whatever size you need.

Is this one currently on ebay ?

Yes it is, just put it on there last weekend. Fighting with the urge to get another sportbike, maybe the new Kawasaki Z1000 or CBR1000RR. Difficult decision, my girlfriend has a ZX6R 636 and every time I get on that bike, I think "damn, I'd really like to have a sportbike again". Then when I get back on the Vmax, I think "damn, I don't want to get rid of this bike". I wish I could have both. The weight of the Vmax is the only thing I can't get past, this is my first cruiser type bike, and I miss having the light weight and handling of a sportbike.

Agreed! Do both, you only live once. :biglaugh:

You guys don't know how much I wish my bank account agreed with the "just do it" statement.:bang head: Maybe one of these days I'll be lucky enough to have more than one bike, but for now, it just isn't a possibility.:damn angry:

How about performance? Is there any place to see the dunos for various systems? I've seen the sheet for Holeshot but not Marks or any other brands. The sound is nice and likely with the less back-pressure, they'll all give you some sort of gain - there must be some differences. I'll bet the ranges could be as great as 2HP - 13HP. I like Marks spund too - wonder how much extra HP one could expect?

Back