- Warp12's 1989 V-Max Adventure -

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you buy the optional silencer? I like that exhaust it just went to the top of my list except I want the high version. looks good man I can't wait to see the installed pics.

Mine has a standard muffler, no extra silencing.

Long day at work. Just enough time left over to test-fit the Hindle exhaust. I have never installed a V-Max exhaust, so I wanted to go through the paces slowly.

testfit01.jpg

I really like the way this exhaust looks, and it fits tight to the bike. I will get the full install completed, with more pics and sound/vid, later this week! :)

Long day at work. Just enough time left over to test-fit the Hindle exhaust. I have never installed a V-Max exhaust, so I wanted to go through the paces slowly.

testfit01.jpg

I really like the way this exhaust looks, and it fits tight to the bike. I will get the full install completed, with more pics and sound/vid, later this week! :)

So you bought the high version right? any problems with the back foot pegs or anything else? Or did it fit like a glove lol

So you bought the high version right? any problems with the back foot pegs or anything else? Or did it fit like a glove lol

This is the standard Hindle offering, afaik. It doesn't sit quite as high as some others I have seen in the past. Here is a better picture of the clearance around the footpegs:

testfit02.jpg

Plenty of clearance around the rear pegs. Everything fits together cleanly, and there is a lot more room to work than with the stock setup! I took my time, slowly test-fitting the pieces (as I usually do with a new exhaust style, on a different bike). Now I wish I had just quickly bolted it up. I want to hear it! :biglaugh:

WoooHoooo!!! :eusa_dance:

Just got in from the garage. Hindle exhaust installed!! Sounds awesome!! Will edit video and post tomorrow!!

Very nice.......the engine also sounds likes it's in very good tune.

I really like that exaust. I am ready to see some dyno numbers

Me too. I am not sure what to expect without any changes to the intake/fueling side? I am going to try to get a baseline dyno pull this weekend, and tune from there, as needed.

Me too. I am not sure what to expect without any changes to the intake/fueling side? I am going to try to get a baseline dyno pull this weekend, and tune from there, as needed.
I would guess somewhere in the 5-8 Hp range. I could be totally off since I have not seen that exact exaust on a dyno. I am just going by others I have seen.

I would guess somewhere in the 5-8 Hp range. I could be totally off since I have not seen that exact exaust on a dyno. I am just going by others I have seen.

I will be pretty thrilled if I see a hp increase just from bolting it on. I am prepared to do some tuning, even with a data logger, if I have to. The weight loss alone is worth about .10 in the quarter mile. Plus, it's like 20 extra hp of sound. :D

Addictive sound W12. Can't get enough of that beautiful bean footage I mean Vmax footage. Don't know if I ever saw a rear view image but it gives a good idea how fast you dust traffic. I'd like to see intermittent glimpses of the pavement behind the rear fender indicating a nose up attitude. Start to finish, we'll documented and well done.
PATMAX
Bike have a name? Firecracker maybe?!

Addictive sound W12. Can't get enough of that beautiful bean footage I mean Vmax footage. Don't know if I ever saw a rear view image but it gives a good idea how fast you dust traffic. I'd like to see intermittent glimpses of the pavement behind the rear fender indicating a nose up attitude. Start to finish, we'll documented and well done.
PATMAX
Bike have a name? Firecracker maybe?!

Thanks!! I am addicted to the sound! No name for the bike yet; paint job is going to change the looks. I have an idea for a name, but will address that later! :)

Back