Washing Out Overflow Reservior

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95spfldmax

Reaction score
I'm flushing out my cooling system. All set but need a way to thoroughly clean out the overflow reservior. Last time I tried putting in nuts and bolts and shaking them around. It got some of the subborn stuff off the walls but not nearly all of it. Any of you guys come up with the "tool" or procedure to get this part sparkling clean inside?? TIA.

Mike, I soaked mine in Simple Green for several hours and then rinsed with water.

I just sprayed an entire can of brake or carb (cant remember) cleaner in there and then let it sit. Moved it a couple of times on different sides, poured out, rinsed with hot water.
Cheers

I am suggesting another tool in getting it clean. At most big box stores, there is a chain section with all sorts of chain. At first I thought that the beaded chain would do the job but not aggressive enough. I found that there is a chain made of stamped steel links and is sorta square and has some edges to it. That was the ticket. Hot water, detergent, cap it and shake that thing with the chain in it. You can actually move and shake the chain to stubborn areas. Try it, it works!:clapping:
PS, I tried bleaching it to get rid of some of the yellow to no avail.:ummm:

Simple green, biodegradable if ya care.

This is what i use to wash the bike, shit works great and its cheaper than the bike specific wash.

i have been using it for 10yrs and it has never damaged anything

as maleko said, you can get it literally anywhere

auto stores
Target
Wal-fart

Back