Well I guess there's a first time for everything.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

89max

Reaction score
So, I got pulled over for the first time in my life this afternoon. I was heading home from work and decided to take the highway around town, instead of going through the traffic in town. My bike has been running great, some of you may remember I was having some problems at the start of the season.

I was on a four lane, divided highway with a speed limit of 65. Was going along fine at about 70-75. Then, some jackass in a Ford diesel pickup moved over into the passing lane and stayed there. He passed everyone that was in front of him, but instead of moving back over, he must have seen me behind him and started screwing with me. He'd slow down, then floor it, flooding me with black smoke. Something those retards (around here anyway) seem to love doing, just to show everyone that they can afford to burn $4.50/gal. fuel just for the fun of it.

So he finally moved over and I blew past him, hit 100 and rolled off the throttle and started coasting back down, as my exit was coming up.

Then I saw him, sitting in the median, hidden by a mound of dirt. First time I've seen them sit there in the ~7 years I've been travelling this stretch of road. I slowed down, moved into the right lane, and watched my mirror. My heart started pounding, and I saw him pull out. I knew he was coming for me, so I just pulled off and waited for him.

Since I pulled over right away, and was "wearing protective gear" as he said, he gave me a ticket for "disobeying a traffic control device" (speed limit sign) instead of a speeding ticket. He clocked me at 84 in a 65. He said since I was wearing gear, he didn't want me to get any points or raise my insurance. He was really nice to deal with, and obviously gave me a break.

He also didn't notice I have no inspection sticker hehe.
So, a little bit of adrenaline and $80.50 later, I finally made it home.

How was everyone else's afternoon?

Yeah, I'm really glad he was cool and not a dick! When I pulled over and was waiting for him, I actually thought, of all things, about "CopRunner" on here. I know what he would have done in that situation LOL!!

The worst part about it all, was thinking about the asshole in the truck rolling past me as I was sitting there, with the blues and reds flashing behind me. Dickhead.

Do you think the guy in the ford had a radar detector, and thats why he moved over.:confused2:

sounds like the cop i dealt with, gave me a hell of a deal....

I feel really lucky since I hit 110 mph on the Interstate coming home from work today. A nice little stretch of less than a mile of light traffic and it's the fastest I've had my Max since I got it last November.Damn it felt good and rock steady! I know it's a matter of time before I get a ticket and I just hope they don't tow my bike. Glad you got a little break brother.
Mike

what road did he get you on? was it the state police or locals?
I rode 150 miles yesterday, perfect day for a ride.

I feel really lucky since I hit 110 mph on the Interstate coming home from work today. A nice little stretch of less than a mile of light traffic and it's the fastest I've had my Max since I got it last November.Damn it felt good and rock steady! I know it's a matter of time before I get a ticket and I just hope they don't tow my bike. Glad you got a little break brother.
Mike

Every morning there is a stretch where the freeway starts that usually is traffic free, coming off a cloverleaf on ramp where I usually run it WOT till the shift light comes on at the top of 4th, then I let her back down to normal cruise speed. Gotta use it every now and then.

Glad you made out ok on your ticket, pulling over before their lights are on, and just being honest is usually the best bet, and usually has a good end result.

oh man what a punk if he did!

I've got a radar detector....not because I like to drive my F250 at 100mph on the highways, but to avoid bullshit speed traps at the bottom of hills and around corners that cops like to pull in the adirondack mountains. It's come in extremely handy many, many times. Maybe 1% of the time the cop is actually hanging out of the window shooting radar individually....and never in the winter. Rest of the time they just point the nose of the car at traffic and let the dash unit do it....which is always on, so I get notice of it probably 10-15sec before I'd be in the "trap". They're handy devices and really not that expensive....mine works great, a Whistler 690 and it cost like $150....

You got a friendly cop who was probably a biker himself. 2 summers ago on the Honda I got the biggest douchebag trooper on the planet. 72 in a 55, on a deserted highway, at 1am. Some kid who couldn't have been a day over 18 all hot-to-trot and show off his power. Total arrogant asshole. Wanted to punch him square in the nuts.

Back