Well, the Max is gone tomorrow

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QuarterHorse

Reaction score
Sold the VMax to my father in law. He's picking it up tomorrow. I'll be picking up the new whip either this weekend when I drop off my Dart, or the following week flying out to Rhode Island and riding it back to Des Moines, Iowa. I have it narrowed down to those two bikes (same model).

Although it's going to be able to walk away from the VMax on any track, I will miss the Max just for the "cool" factor per say, and the attitude the bike has as well as the respect it demands. I'm going to start racing more and I was never really comfortable trying to turn a bike I wanted to "cruise" on into a track bike, so I'm going to have to get two bikes, one to race, one to be comfy and cruise on. I've got the one to race picked out.

I'll keep you all in suspense until I actually take possesion of the new ride, and then I'll get some pics up. Only one member on this board knows what it is, and a few could probably take a good guess and nail it. I won't say either way on your guesses, but will post pics upon getting it, and will let you guys I see at Conesville ride it if you want to.

I hope I'm still "allowed" on the boards even though I don't have a Max anymore, and maybe someday I'll be able to afford the 2nd Gen and fit in with you "cool kids". ;)

Well congrats Qaurter! I think I may be right behind you! The VMAX cant handle my riding as much as I cant handle its reliabilty factor with the costs.
I hope you are either buying a Suzuki or Kawasaki if you plan on racing! I am still undecided which route I want to take. Relabilty, quiet exhaust and able to run in the 9's in street trim but not hunched over looking like a monkey fucking a football!

Mid 90's GSXR1100 minus the clip ons Punched out to a 1230 with a turbo maybe.

One swingarm coming up with some cosmetic fixes and slap a for sale on her!

Congrats! Make sure you stick around...V-Max or no V-max. I'm betting it's a 'Busa.

Relabilty, quiet exhaust and able to run in the 9's in street trim but not hunched over looking like a monkey fucking a football!
Buy a zx14, put helibars 3/4" risers and do the buell 1" lowered peg mod. You can go to Lakeland Florida right now and there's a shop that still has some 07 models that can be bought for under 8,000 out the door with no miles on them.

I am really a Suzuki Guy. Plus I have the best Gixxer Performance Mech here in Nashville Jon Bennett. I have nothing against the Kawi at all they make a great bike! Its kinda like Ford and Chevy..

Busa are a dime a dozen here! Kinda like how the Mustang GT's and Iroc Z's were back when they came out in the late 80's early 90's.
Either you were a Ford guy and had to have a GT or ya were a Chevy Guy and got the Iroc or the Trans Am GTA.

I was more a muscle gear head so I had a 77 Trans Am which kinda reminds me of my VMAX always tearing something up.

I may have found another one in St Louis if the guy would come down on the price to reasonable, I'd have it this week after I got back from Detroit.

I must be getting older, because miles on a hot rod/motorcycle never used to bother me, now I'm always looking for low miles.....

change is good .. good luck with new machine what ever it is

Well I left Saturday morning, on the road at 5AM, it's not 3:30AM Sunday, I dropped my Dart off with it's new owner, and came home with what replaced the Max.

Busaontrailer.jpg

As you can see, it's got a lot of goodies on it already, it's a '99 Hayabusa (First year), and will be getting a few more goodies soon and a good clean up and rub down.

Yeah, that bike looks sick for sure! I can't wait till later today to see it in person.

Congrats! Nice looking ride! As soon as you get to 230 hp, let me know. :punk:

Now, in addition to staying on this forum, get over on Hayabusa.org. Pretty helpful bunch.

Well I left Saturday morning, on the road at 5AM, it's not 3:30AM Sunday, I dropped my Dart off with it's new owner, and came home with what replaced the Max.

Busaontrailer.jpg

As you can see, it's got a lot of goodies on it already, it's a '99 Hayabusa (First year), and will be getting a few more goodies soon and a good clean up and rub down.

Looks sweet Dustin, my max is on the chopping block as well. I'm looking to go back in to pro mod, or venture into outlaw prostreet.

Congrats! Nice looking ride! As soon as you get to 230 hp, let me know. :punk:

Now, in addition to staying on this forum, get over on Hayabusa.org. Pretty helpful bunch.

Yeah the HP is just a kit away. :D

I'm already over on 'busa.org and suzukihayabusa.com

Latest posts

Back