whadaya offer the guy?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bacchus

Reaction score
ok first off I know that no one will be able to give a definate answer to my question... just looking for planning purpose figures..

Seller has a 96 vmax appears to be in complete and fair but not running condition. missing a side scoop and a couple cosmetic issues. this bike has a nitrous kit installed....

whadaya offer the guy????

my thoughts are that I have to assume its blowed the fck up and offer parts bike money...

just wondering what you guys think is a reasonable starting offer for this fixer upper vmax?

Depending on mileage and if the engine at least turns over, I'd start at about $750....the worst he can say is "no".

I have never done a compression test on a VMax but wouldn't that be a place to begin? See if it has any compression? Also, just turning over, does it do it freely, or is it like a battery on 10 volts? That would suggest excessive friction/drag inside the motor if the battery is 12.7 v across the terminals.

If the guy won't let you touch it, then 'buyer beware.' Parts bike $ only. Let someone else bite the rotten apple. You're probably better off for passing it up. I'm gonna defer to Sean or Kyle on this one, 'what's a parts bike worth?' Even $750 may be too-much.

I gotta think that the NOS kit has taken a toll on the bike and it's roasted. Take out your $ & show him the color of your $, something now is better than nothing later.

I was once looking for a handicap aluminum ramp for my in-laws. I went to a trailer park where they had an installation that would work for me, it would have required some welding, I have enough places to get it done, I wanted to buy it. The French-Canadian female, skinny-as-a-rail, agreed to sell it, we got a price. I came with my trailer, and she suddenly decided she wanted more. I showed her the stack of $50's and told her, "we agreed on a price, why are you doing this?"

She said, "you agreed to my price too-quick! I must be selling it too-cheap!" She suggested that I go to an ATM and get some more cash. I told her, "OK," and left-permanently. Screw her! If I bought it, she was probably gonna buy some meth to share with her boyfriend who was rockin' a paisley do-rag & furiously polishing-away on his Korean single-cyl. chopper. No meth party that night!

:ummm: Bacchus, offer $200 and hope/pray he doesn't take it. Keep running buddy you don't want it. It will take $$$ and years to make it run correctly or part it out. Good Luck, Spurs

Thanks for your input....

Bike has dead battery and seller says starter is out . So will not be possible to do a compression test...

Bike has dead battery and seller says starter is out . So will not be possible to do a compression test...

Somthing dosen't smell right. I'm not into gambling that much, so I wouldn't go over $200. You can get that back by parting it out. Otherwise, I'd Walk away from it.

Start low ! You could always take your battery in put in it & see if everything else works & also see if its the starter or starter clutch. If he wont let you do that stay really low. Its still worth a bit in parts.

While all those things may be true by the seller, you have no way to determine if the motor is seized, so like all the other posters, cheap $ only! You can leave contact info w/him if he turns you down, you may get a call in a couple days when he decides on taking the cash for a junker.

Parts off of it should bring some decent $$. Nitrous system alone shouldn't be too hard to make a profit on....

Latest posts

Back