WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here comes the Mummies.

You never know who they are. All are famous in other venues.

Full disclosure: I hide my Adele collection behind all my Bette Midler, so...
Please; do not even jest on that one 😂, my glass eye is welling up at the thought 👁

Compressorhead in Amsterdam.

Adele.

I know who I'm going to see if there was a choice. I really like the Compressorhead video at 8 mins when they do Ace of Spades. Could be the future!

Last edited:
I saw him in concert about 2 months before he passed away. That was a sad day.
A sad day indeed. I saw his next to last show at alpine valley. A buddy of mine was driving truck for Clapton"s tour called and asked if I wanted to go. All we had was a aftershow backstage passes. So my wife and I just walked around and stood where we could in the seating area to take it all in. My 3rd time seeing SRV. So sad hearing the news of the crash a day later, 😭
later, bill

My 3rd time seeing SRV
I know I've told this story before, but I literally ran right over SRV on the way to the bathroom at a bar he was playing at in 1984. Little bitty guy. 5' 6" in high heeled boots.

Tore me up when he died. I actually had "In Step" playing on my stereo when a friend called and told me what had happened.

Just read this on break
https://www.ajournalofmusicalthings.com/like-loud-music-better-read-this/
For the last 20 or so years I have worn ear plugs at concerts if I’m closer than 50% of the venue I’m wearing them get a lot of strange looks from the younger crowd
But my old ears were baptized in rock while most were still a bag tickle
I actually find it cleans it up a bit

of course Motörhead is the exception to the rule …… haven’t got that to worry about anymore😥
I’ll leave you all with this for today the most highly underrated musician on the planet

I HAD A FRIEND WHO TURNED ME ON TO RUSH IN MY 2ND. YEAR OF HIGH SCHOOL. ALBUM -MOVING PICTURES-TOM SAWYER. I WAS HOOKED THE FIRST TIME I HEARD IT. GOT TO SEE THEM IN RUPP ARENA FEW MONTHS LATER. I STARTED COLLECTING ALBUMS IN REVERSE TILL I GOT TO THERE FIRST JUST ( RUSH) AND NOW I GOT ALMOST 20 CD'S OR MORE. CANCER HAS TAKEN JUST ABOUT ANYONE THAT I LIKED OR MORE FAIMLY MEMBERS THAT I CARE TO SHARE. FUCK CANCER.

Back