What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While putting the finishing touches on my garage, I backed her out into the sunshine. Had to take a picture. When I finish with the garage, it's going to be fluid changing time and then a nice peaceful, done with the semester ride :)

leftsidec.jpg

So very nice! The color really pops and the covers look great too! Great work KJ!:worthy:

Snapped off one of my middle gear bolts. Once I get that replaced, I should be able to complete my rebuild by the weekend.

Finished my valve adjustment thanks to the threads posted on this website and of coarse Sean's shim kit. Great people on this forum, willing to help out and making it easy to get my max running. Spent 5 hours reassembling the bike now that everything is done and hopefully road worthy. Still have a few small things to do today and I should be able to turn it over tomorrow and start tuning the carbs. I can't wait to ride...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 18
Red looks great KJ . What's next , pinstriping maybe ??? Ride it for now. :punk:

It's done for the summer, I'm working on some silver graphics for the scoops and tail section, then that will be it. I'm thinking along the lines of this.

For the scoops;

yamahad.jpg

For the tail section;

vmxdx.jpg

Come winter, I'm going to have Kosman play with my rear wheel, then i'm going to stretch my spare swingarm 6 or 8" I haven't decided which length yet.

Installed my Ecliptech shift light today. Straight forward installation, now hoping to get some tips on setting it up properly. It sure looks cool, I tried using the 2 sided tape that came with it but it didn't look like it would stay, had a piece of velcro I cut to fit, I think this will work just fine!! I mounted it at about the 2 o'clock position on the speedometer housing. I left enough wire if I decide to move it I can. Now waiting for my heat shields for the rear cylinders and that is it for now.

Bought some bolts. Put in middle gear. Put on whole rear end in under two hours because I was worried about hail messing up my wife's car. No hail. Yes it looks almost like a bike again.

Finished reassembling my bike today after it sitting for 8 months while I was in Afghanistan. I am ready to tune the carbs and ride.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 19
Finished my valve adjustment thanks to the threads posted on this website and of coarse Sean's shim kit. Great people on this forum, willing to help out and making it easy to get my max running. Spent 5 hours reassembling the bike now that everything is done and hopefully road worthy. Still have a few small things to do today and I should be able to turn it over tomorrow and start tuning the carbs. I can't wait to ride...

I'm just glad the kit finally got there, I was sweating bullets about being the guy who 'lost' the shim kit as I was the last to see it alive! Man that was a slow boat.

You aren't kidding, I was getting restless waiting. Well they did finally make it here and everything worked out. Ill be tuning on it tomorrow and the weekend trying to get it running.

I'll have to stop by Saturday !

parked it in the middle of the leftmost lane of a threelaner so that i could direct traffic around some fellow bikers trying to get one of the bikes whose calipers locked up, off the road.

Regards from my Taptalking Hercules Android

Glad that it didn't happen to you Greg and well done on looking out for fellow riders!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

parked it in the middle of the leftmost lane of a threelaner so that i could direct traffic around some fellow bikers trying to get one of the bikes whose calipers locked up, off the road.

Regards from my Taptalking Hercules Android

Brave man, Greg! The way I see they drive in south FL, I wouldn't bet my bike some cafe'-swilling, texting, makeup-applying, or DUI candidate is paying-attention to avoid my poor bike parked in the fast-lane!:confused2:

My pleasure..finally got my bike running today. Gonna sync the carbs then pull the plugs to see how she is running. Have a minor leak from the clutch slave cylinder and the coolant bottle keeps pissing coolant out when the bike gets warm. Not sure if my thermostat is sticking or inop but going to try and check the fan and temp sensor to make sure everything is working properly.

My pleasure..finally got my bike running today. Gonna sync the carbs then pull the plugs to see how she is running. Have a minor leak from the clutch slave cylinder and the coolant bottle keeps pissing coolant out when the bike gets warm. Not sure if my thermostat is sticking or inop but going to try and check the fan and temp sensor to make sure everything is working properly.

Use the seach function to check for readily-available replacements for the stock thermostat at a great discount from common auto parts suppliers.

Back