What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You'll not want to make it too "log" shaped as that disrupts a smooth even flow. If you're not changing out the stock primary pipe work then no need to change the size of the inlet of the muffler. The stock front pipes are double walled so they will handle high temp coatings just fine.

Look up an exhaust called the "Marving". They made a log design and in my opinion isn't much better then the Cobra but I do believe it to be slighly better at least.

You'll not want to make it too "log" shaped as that disrupts a smooth even flow. If you're not changing out the stock primary pipe work then no need to change the size of the inlet of the muffler. The stock front pipes are double walled so they will handle high temp coatings just fine.

Look up an exhaust called the "Marving". They made a log design and in my opinion isn't much better then the Cobra but I do believe it to be slighly better at least.

So, my best bet would be to live with the reduced power until I could get a set of headers made up that merge into one pipe per side, then splits back into 2 per side right before the slip-ons? (a 4-2-4 setup)

Yes, the 4-2-4 should give you the increased power (at least no loss).

Sean

I bolted on the OEM backrest I purchased off of eBay. I had one on my original '85 and just felt like I needed one on the '01 to make it look right.

Some new mirrors
I like, the shape of them suit the bars very nicely

I also put on new mirrors this morning, and for some reason all the turbulance I was feeling is gone :ummm:
IMAG1481.jpg

Question, at full turn either direction, is there any interference between the switch housings and the airbox cover or scoops?

I don't have problems with clearance, when I was setting their position I moved them forward so they would just clear the scoops (they're too low to get near the top cover)
%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

Took time out of a lazy 80deg day to go through all of my wiring. Cut out all the crimps and directly soldered the connections then covered with shrink wrap. Then I disassembled the plug in connectors and soldered the pins to the wires then plugged everything back in.

Then I changed my Dyna to curve #2, then finally after a couple of years installed my steering stabilizer. Talk about a bitch. Nothing like leaving everything snug, then check the steering, then as soon as you start to tighten up things the assembly shifts. It took me less time to solder up connections than to get the stabilizer set up.

I think it's time to go for a little ride.

Adjusted the steering head bearings, rebuilt the clutch pushrod slave cylinder and picked up some black VHT paint for the exhaust. Waiting on a new secondary gear cover gasket so I can ride again. It's leaking oil due to me tearing the gasket while getting to the slave cylinder for rebuild.:bang head::bang head:

Back