What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Under the pass seat is a popular location. You lose the tool kit and grind out the internal webbing of the seat and then you have plenty of clearance.

Sean

Santa monkey delivered a tail section, gas tank, HD oiler kit, R1 gold dot calipers and LED gauge lights. Too bad the lil guy dosent operate like the regular Santa...

Santa monkey delivered a tail section, gas tank, HD oiler kit, R1 gold dot calipers and LED gauge lights. Too bad the lil guy dosent operate like the regular Santa...

Yeah, asshole stole your wallet when he dropped the shit off! :rofl_200:

Nah, he didnt get the wallet, but my Culligan jar has mysterously gone empty of change and part of my Christmas bonus seems to be missing... and I was hoping the rum and bananas would be enough....

As long as he stays out of my beer, baseball cards and comic books (yeah, I kept that shit!) were cool... lol

Finally got time to replace the R/R. The stock connector for the three white wires was already gone on the bike and the replacement spade connectors were looking a bit ropey so I got my 6 year old son to chop them off and I fitted new ones.

The new R/R is an Elextrex model and too big to locate in the stock location so I put it under the seat. Soldered on some extensions to reach and took the ground wire straight to the negative terminal on the battery.

Fired the bike up and where I was getting 17+ volts, now getting less than 15V at all RPM I tested.

I had to remove a bit of the cross piece under the passenger seat to fit it in, only question is how to secure it. There are a couple of holes I could probably fit a bolt through but wounded how others had done it. Sean was advocating under the passenger seat, but I don't recall any mention of how to secure it...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Riding Max to work every day now because the brakes failed on my "trusty" 650
IMAG1741.jpg

Paid Sean for the custom front wheel spacers I needed to put the FZR wheel on the front. Now I just gotta put in my new, coated tank, fuel filter, top half of fuel pump, clean carbs, grind calipers, find the new oil leak I think I caused when I put the tank vent line pigtail on, air up the tires, and RIDE THE DAMN THING!!!

Hey Buster,

I'm new to the forum for posting, I've been a member since about 2012.

I'd like to show off my progress on a true basket case, posted as "Basket

Case Rebuild" in the gallery. I have over 600 pics but I'm posting the most

recent for a MadMax 300 swap in. I've done everything myself and would

like input or if asked to offer advice. Please let me know how it looks.

Busa brake mod and new tach/temp gauge cluster installed.

Who knew the Vmax could have front braking power??? I am loving the difference!

If you are in central FL area and want a good deal on a similar setup feel free to contact me for more info. Kyle out in Tampa hooked me up with a sweet deal!

zu4uvy8u.jpg

7ezyheda.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Busa brake mod and new tach/temp gauge cluster installed.

Who knew the Vmax could have front braking power??? I am loving the difference!

If you are in central FL area and want a good deal on a similar setup feel free to contact me for more info. Kyle out in Tampa hooked me up with a sweet deal!

zu4uvy8u.jpg

7ezyheda.jpg

Glad to hear captain Kyle is still in the vmax biz.
What kind of rotor did he hook you up with?

Honestly I'll have to look later when I'm back home. They came from his drag bike.

Great present from the wifey.
Laser cut steel and powdercoate

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1387988490456.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387988490456.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 21
Back