What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Changed the steering head bearings, they were screwed down tight as the bearings were shot. Now she handles so well, thinking I dont need to do the radial wheel change.

You won't regret going to radials if you decide to.

Went to home depot and bought 4 metal reinforced rubber couplings. Used them to rebuild my velocity stacks for my stage 7 air pods. My last rubbers wore out 2 years ago and I'm just now getting them back on. Stacks are 2" in diameter and 3" long.

Attachments

• velocity_stacks with rubbers.jpg
    velocity_stacks with rubbers.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 42
Went to home depot and bought 4 metal reinforced rubber couplings. Used them to rebuild my velocity stacks for my stage 7 air pods. My last rubbers wore out 2 years ago and I'm just now getting them back on. Stacks are 2" in diameter and 3" long.

That looks VERY cool.

Pulled my Gpz project off the lift and threw the Vmax on. Only got it partially torn down for the fork seals and springs. Discovered that the steering bearings have a notch to them so I'll need to do those too I suppose.
FFCBDABB-31C8-4294-8250-7ABE10C00464.jpg

76008CCE-B913-4B8D-B5FD-76DAEE0B1396.jpg

Later, Doug

Got it buttoned up, now I just need that new tire to come in.

Attachments

• tmp_23751-20150319_2130052031871950.jpg
    tmp_23751-20150319_2130052031871950.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 29
  • tmp_23751-20150319_2130261640468395.jpg
    tmp_23751-20150319_2130261640468395.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 26
Took my 85' for a 45 mile ride up thru Burkittsville Md (blairwitch ) thru gapland state park little chilly but just had to go vdot just graded our mud road and added gravel at least it was dry we're expecting wet weather Friday so road will be mush again ..

Nice jamie, I did a 2 today ride. I got up this morning and shark to see the snow out side. I did not check the weather.

I changed the carb boots today. It makes putting the carbs on SO much easier. A slight push....and they are fully seated.

Stopped by the hardware store to pick up a small sheet of plexiglass for moving my turn signals into my scoops. Also stopped by the storage area just to fire up the bike, but it would not start. The enrichment lever felt like it was binding, so I am wondering if I may have stripped or damaged the mechanism somehow. I hope to hell not, otherwise, I am gonna have a HELL of a time getting that cold blooded whorse started.

Got the number to a place a couple towns north of me that does custom paint. Gonna get my airbox cover painted. Gonna have this image applied.
(yes, I am ponifying my bike... in the immortal words of my namesake... deal with it
misc_Rainbow_dealwithit.png
rainbowwild.png
)

Attachments

• 823508__safe_solo_princess+luna_artist-colon-silfoe_artist-colon-lollipony-dash-brony.jpg
    823508__safe_solo_princess+luna_artist-colon-silfoe_artist-colon-lollipony-dash-brony.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 13
I still have about 2 inches of frozen slushy snow on my dirt driveway and for a couple hundred yards down the dirt subdivision road, but its 54f right now, main highway is clear, a few riders out already, very sunny day. Still gets down below freezing at night.
Went out a little while ago and replaced the fuel filter, i used a 3/8" black anodized reusable type, put some Seafoam in the tank, ran bike for at least 5 minutes, looking for leaks of any kind, basically i completely cleaned and painted engine so its cooking off stuff like antiseize on the exhaust bolts and such, i just cannot wait to ride it, i bought it late last year, road it about 20 miles from the sellers house and thats it, so even though i have taken almost everything apart, cleaned, flushed and adjusted i still have to keep an eye open for issues, Alaska and its dammed 6 month winters is just killing me, either i am heading to Australia or Orlando Florida.

Started cleaning the tank so I can seal it and then ripped the dash out of my truck so I can put a new one in.

Attachments

• 20150321_143922.jpg
    20150321_143922.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 25
  • 20150321_162953.jpg
    20150321_162953.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 24
  • 20150321_162959.jpg
    20150321_162959.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 25
Started cleaning the tank so I can seal it and then ripped the dash out of my truck so I can put a new one in.

Find enough change in there for a tank of fuel for your Max Kyle?:eusa_dance::rofl_200:

I pulled a dash out of a car for my dad one time and came up with almost 20 dollars!

I still have about 2 inches of frozen slushy snow on my dirt driveway and for a couple hundred yards down the dirt subdivision road, but its 54f right now, main highway is clear, a few riders out already, very sunny day. Still gets down below freezing at night.
Went out a little while ago and replaced the fuel filter, i used a 3/8" black anodized reusable type, put some Seafoam in the tank, ran bike for at least 5 minutes, looking for leaks of any kind, basically i completely cleaned and painted engine so its cooking off stuff like antiseize on the exhaust bolts and such, i just cannot wait to ride it, i bought it late last year, road it about 20 miles from the sellers house and thats it, so even though i have taken almost everything apart, cleaned, flushed and adjusted i still have to keep an eye open for issues, Alaska and its dammed 6 month winters is just killing me, either i am heading to Australia or Orlando Florida.

Mate it's been raining here for two days and I haven't ridden and I'm already chomping at the bit! Those 6 month winters would be hard....unless you have a nitro breathing snow ski? :biglaugh:

Got my new Shorai put in and the charging cable routed to hide under the gas splash guard on the filler neck. Connected a few odds n ends, finally got my brake light switch for the rear brake adjusted to my liking, shift linkage is hooked up and adjusted to where i think ill be happy with it and did a little cleaning. Hopefully ill fire her up for some syncing some time in the next few weeks.

Mate it's been raining here for two days and I haven't ridden and I'm already chomping at the bit! Those 6 month winters would be hard....unless you have a nitro breathing snow ski? :biglaugh:
I have two choices how to best improve my life, one is moving to Oz, or moving to Florida.
Been living in Alaska since 1992, for all its good merits its insufficient in as far as a decent riding season, or a bike business.
So i am semi retired, i scoop up older Goldwings and Yanahas to restore.
If i went to Oz it would probably be around Adelaide, weather is more to my taste, property is cheap for the most part. It would be a big adventure and a challenge, a lot being different.
Or i can go to Florida, at the least during the winter, property again is cheap, but more opportunities of getting bikes, a shop even.

I will probably do the Florida thing, still keep my bikes in Alaska but have another herd in Florida, warehouses are dirt cheap to rent near Orlando, i can buy a large used rv and camp in the warehouse if needed.
Its just too much to handle anymore these long winters, every day i go outside and stare at the slowly melting ice, i start up several bikes just to hear them run, of course the Vmax is my favorite.
Bought a leather shirt and leather pants online, gotta lose a few winter pounds.

Silverado6x6:

Better check the zoning code for FL wherever you choose to begin business. Start here if you're looking in the Orange County FL area: https://www.municode.com/library/fl...deId=ORCOCO_CH38ZO_ARTIVZODIESZOMA_S38-77USTA

Ask for a zoning determination letter (ZDL) from the municipality or the county if it's unincorporated. Be aware you may not be able to use the space you find for your intended use(es). Don't think you can get permitted for one thing and do whatever you want. Speak to the local government, get the ZDL. Be sure you have the necessary permits, inspections, and other paperwork to avoid not being able to do exactly what you want. Normally, a landlord will provide you with a list of permitted uses according to the local government, but get the ZDL to ensure your uses are allowed. There are separate permits and inspections for things like 'hot work' (oxy/acetylene use, or other welding/cutting) , wrecking yard operation, vehicle repairs, paint booth, etc. Be sure you get recognition and approval for all uses for the location you find.

What's called elsewhere a 'business license' is called a 'business tax receipt' in FL.

Ordered new drag bars and grips. Contacted the dealer about shinko tires 170 On the back. Still looking for levers and a reasonably priced frame brace. Might just make my own. $300 for 2 pieces of pipe.....one end has a clamp the other a plate or tube that bolts into the frame. We'll see what me and the welder can do

Latest posts

Back