What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joe was a good rider. I had met up with him to put a new map into his ignitech. After that we took them out for a test ride. I was on the 1260 and Joe was on his 85. He had fallen back, and I was keeping about a solid 70. Next thing I know, he comes out of nowhere, and passed me like I was sitting still. He told me that he had gotten the 85 to 145 and got out of it due to a curve ahead. He took it up that high, because he was curious to see how it would run with the new map.

He put me up for the night, and for the 2 days that I was there he would NOT allow me to pay for anything. He was the epitome of southern hospitality.

+1, Joe was a heck of a great guy. He is surely missed in the vmax community. He was always sending me stuff he didn't need. RIP Joe.

Tomorrow is the day. Finally get to put the bike back together! I'll have pics when she's done.

Racetech ftw!

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

I thought Racetech were more sport oriented and the progressoves offered a little smoother ride. I priced em out for my Sprint ST and I remember having sticker shock. I just dropped a set of Progressives in my XVZ too. Will be interesting to see some strong points of each as they pertain to the VMX.

Uh oh...
e221c9b829d7f15801ccb7f6755f2f08.jpg

I put Maxine back together today. Installed a cell phone/gps holder/charger as well as my new tail light. The only thing I didn't get done was the Delkevic exhaust. I'll do that tomorrow. Then it's just minor stuff like putting on the tank emblems and the rubber seal that goes by the instrument cluster. Speaking of which, does anyone have one of those? I've lost mine for the 2nd time! I think my wife may have tossed it :bang head:

Thanks to CaptainKyle, she has nice new paint to go along with the powdercoating I had done. The funny thing is, the paint and powdercoating match REALLY well!

I'll take more pics once she's DONE done. For now, here she is in a poorly lit garage. You can't see how shiny she is but she's a hot little number :punk:

newmax01.jpg

newmax02.jpg

newmax03.jpg

newmax04.jpg

newmax05.jpg

newmax06.jpg

Put in my Barnett clutch kit. Installed new hydraulic controls. Put the new heavy duty one way starter in. New grips. Did the r/r swap and in the process of neatening up wires. This is the route I took for mounting my r/r.
39287e63d7ca0ee15c1031dc8838140d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Took my max for its 1st ride of the year today.. Fired right up.. Topped off the tire pressure. Rode her for a quick 42 miles around the area. Nice.. Looks like this is the 4th year in a row doing the same winter storage technique.

In the process of changing out the progressive fork Springs for race techs.

Got it done, and all I can say is amazing. Went with the heavier springs, set the preload at spec, used the proper amount of fluid, and set the sag as well, and it is a completely different bike.

I shouldve done this YEARS ago.

Got it done, and all I can say is amazing. Went with the heavier springs, set the preload at spec, used the proper amount of fluid, and set the sag as well, and it is a completely different bike.

I shouldve done this YEARS ago.

Not that I NEED to spend more $$$ on Maxine, but what are we talking price wise if I may ask? :whistlin:

Wow, that sounds reasonable! What does it do for the bike? Does it ride better, handle better?

If you have stock springs, you'll notice a huge difference. The stock springs are .36kg/m or something like that. The recommended spring rate from racetech for my weight (220) is .92. You'll notice a huge difference in brake dive, acceleration lift, holding a line in corners, bump compliance, etc. You can adjust the valves if you really want to, and follow the directions about drilling out the tubes. The valve emulators handle the fluid transfer for you. I think I got the .9 in mine, and I got fatter, so they're a little divey right now. I probably could go with a fluid change, but I'm lazy.

Latest posts

Back