What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought them direct from racetech. There was a package deal I think on pricing at the time. Even for $300 it's worth it. I think they're more important than shocks for feel and handling, although both ends upgraded is nice.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

Today was safety check and Test ride day after sitting in storage for past 6 months. Front brake lever seems to have stopped activating the rear brake light, not sure if this is new or if it started last year and never noticed. Any ideas where I can hunt down switch/relay location? Other than that I plan on replacing brake and clutch fluids soon.
c5639f25e9f76376c943c81dc0479da5.jpg
f7ff36e1664b95bde2f5c130d6c776d4.jpg

Sent from my LG-K450 using Tapatalk

I have the same problem with mine unless i really squeeze the crap outta the lever... which i cant do when in motion, lol.

Today was safety check and Test ride day after sitting in storage for past 6 months. Front brake lever seems to have stopped activating the rear brake light, not sure if this is new or if it started last year and never noticed. Any ideas where I can hunt down switch/relay location? Other than that I plan on replacing brake and clutch fluids soon.

The switch is bolted on to the underside of the master cylinder

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Started Redbone for the first time this season she started right up like it was middle of summer. I warmed her up but that's as far as I went, 20' of 1 foot deep hard packed snow but even if it was clear the roads are still sandy at intersections and corners. We are getting some steady rain tonight for the first time this spring, it's not a heavy rain but I hope to ride this week with any luck!
Possible snow on Wednesday but only 32* so the Friday temp of 56* might call for a personal day for Redbone and me!!!

77 in Cumming. GA. Took a nice ride to some property we are looking at. The filled up with ethanol free. Thor's running great.

I just changed my controls, you can have the switches from both of them if you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So in wrapping up the current makeover, I put the new exhaust on. Wow! What a glorified pain in the ass that was! It's on, don't know if it's on right, but it's on! I couldn't start it to see how it sounds, the dang battery wasn't strong enough. I have it charging now so maybe in a couple of hours I can fire her up, take her for a spin for the first time in almost a month! It's been a long time, I can't wait to see how she rides with those new tires.

I took her out of the garage into the sunlight. I can finally see the shiny paint doing its thing, lol. I also took a crappy video of the bike running with the new exhaust.

delk03.jpg

delk04.jpg

delk05.jpg

And the video I took. Finger in the way, poor audio and all!
https://youtu.be/7WpUWQgOSLQ

That's Kyle's paint, yes? Looks good in the light. I like the 3-stripe design, very 1960's, even more so, if it was asymmetric. Then you could ride wearing your STP jacket, something a lot of gearheads used for a windbreaker in the 1960's.

The second pic is close to what Kyle's wife Christine has for her color Mustang, and notice the rocker panel stripe.

ClickHandler.ashx
ClickHandler.ashx

That's Kyle's paint, yes? Looks good in the light. I like the 3-stripe design, very 1960's, even more so, if it was asymmetric. Then you could ride wearing your STP jacket, something a lot of gearheads used for a windbreaker in the 1960's.

Yep, Kyle's paint. I told him the colors I wanted and how I wanted the stripes done. He did a couple of different mock ups and this is the one that won! Good eye on that rocker panel stripe. That was my inspiration! I am a Mustang Junkie. Love'em. Kyle showed me his wife's stang, sharp ride!

If I were you, I'd squirt some WD-40 on the shaft of the switch, and see if that frees-up the switch. Or, remove the switch and pull the plunger out as-far as it will go, and spray it and then work it back and forth, and see if that works any better. So, the rear brake will work the brake light but the front brake lever won't? If neither works, I'd be looking at the continuity of the tail lamp brake filament.

I think I'd also clean the male/female pieces, a Dremel with a brass wire wheel works well here.

I figured it was close to the lever itself, thanks.

The driveway mud is finally dry.
I pulled the Elmo blankee off the max for the first time since November.

Put some air in the tires. Cycled the key a few times to fill the bowls and it fired right up. Another year of the Odyssey battery working with no tender.

Went for a scoot around town. Just a quick 15 mile run. Ran great!

This thing needs cleaned severely.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back