What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you happen to have a list of the parts you used to do this? I'm looking for decent bar end mirrors.. all the ones I've found look cheap. I can't see crap out of the stock mirrors.

What mods did you have to do to make them work?

I added Highway Pegs (thanks Jim @VMAX Gen2 Highway Pegs) and engine guards. 😁

Attachments

• 20210130_162405.jpg
    20210130_162405.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 46
  • 20210130_162351.jpg
    20210130_162351.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 46
  • 20210130_162345.jpg
    20210130_162345.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 44
  • 20210130_162338.jpg
    20210130_162338.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 44
  • 20210130_162157.jpg
    20210130_162157.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 42
  • 20210130_162210.jpg
    20210130_162210.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 37
Dang Kyle, you must have the Midas touch. The “bonuses” that I find when I get them home that I have missed are usually unpleasant ones…
I guess it makes up for the grabrail and back fender that he did not tell me was missing. I do not always have good luck ! He said 2nd was good but I have heard that before ! I went all the way to Mississippi to an airforce base to pick up a clean 85 the guy guaranteed nothing was a matter besides been sitting and I really appreciate the people serving so like to think they are honest but this guy knew it had problems after digging for his name in Facebook post.

Well not today but yesterday I rode my machine to get it to "normal" operating temp.
It was 19 bone chilling degree's, felt like 40 below at 30 mph.
But, I got to ride!
I'm hopefully wrapping up a complete jetting change for up here at 5280 that
without the advice of Vinmax, and some postings in the carb tune section, wouldn't have happened. Many, many thanks, I've got total gratitude here.
I have tried and could not tune it well on my own.
The bike was running so well I couldn't believe it!
I will post the jetting, my bikes setup, alt. etc. in this forum's post-your-setup
section.
I really want to see how the difference in air temp (density) will effect my adjustments between now and in more normal riding temps.
The mod monkey say's dyno time or at least an A/F/R reading needs to happen to gauge the real effects beyond my seat-of-the-pants elation
from one freezing blast around the hood.

Rode up the hill to Superior yesterday on the 86 in tandem with a buddy on his Connie. BBQ run!

It was about 60 when we left. Approaching 70 on the way back down. We ate out on the deck in the sunshine with the smokers pouring that wonderful wood smoke in the air all around us.

This 86 is a joy to ride. The 05 had better be on its game to dethrone this thing.

Just kind of hopped around today and worked on a number of different things.
GOTDAM man I wish I would have talked to before I had my bike painted!
The guys here did a good enough job, in fact I think it looks great, but your work shows alot more original creativity needed for a VMax.
Those bikes and your V8 sleeper P/U look great.

Last edited:
I started yesterday, let it run for a while. To much ice on the driveway to get it to the sloppy roads so all I could do was let warm up and blip the throttle. Sounds like Mozart to me! Not so much to my wife, don’t care lol! Maybe today a short ride around the neighborhood. I know, pretty lame but pretty much all I can do to it until I get my parts.

I had a hard morning banding 16 angus bulls @ 400lb. and smaller. Better them than me lol, but it got up to 72 deg. this afternoon and I been putting some aftermarket small changes to my bike so I got her out and hit the road for about 2hr. BIKE ran great but it was weird with warm air hitting ya in the face an snow in the ditch. Great afternoon to ride.

First day we have had good weather so finally got out and got to run this thing thru the paces.

Yea I think we're ready to call this winter a wrap and get out and ride!
I got to get out today, 41 degrees.
I take it out for a run to good operating temp then on back home and love every freezing minute of the ride.
I'm trying some jetting combo's, makin some mods, just trying to keep the mod monkey in check LOL.
During my carb R&R which I could do blind folded (Strange Iv never had to take carbs off any other bike this often LOL) anyway I finally got tired of the
bowl drain hoses getting caught on the manifold boots, pulling them of the little barbed drain fittings.
So I have zip tied the hose at the barbed fitting end and made little pull proof holders for the bracket end of these drain hoses out of pop rivet heads.
All for the shut-in mod monkey....
20210205_165320.jpg20210205_165416.jpg20210206_154414.jpg

Latest posts

Back