What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I installed a set of new handelbars including vibration dempers at the end.

My old left handelbar I installed already twice and came lose again. I was so fed up with that so I bought some new ones.

These are nice and tight on there now.
And they are looking very nice :clapping:

Those do look good :clapping:

RICOR has those Vibranators, anyone have those? Bar end inserts using an isolated weight to offset bar vibrations. Guess it's like a tuning fork vibrating out of phase from the bike handlebar's harmonics.

Looked on the web & saw this, not a positive endorsement for the Vibranators in a Ducati.
http://www.ducati.org/forums/848/19818-vibranator-bar-end-weight-review.html

The guy panned the RICOR product, & said R & G bar ends did a better job & cost less.

I went out for a little ride during a break in the clouds. You have to love a good game of sun chasing. Today's game took me over 120 miles, through the valley then north of town.

I had both bar ends and vibranators on my '86. Bar ends didn't do that much other than looking good, but the vibranators made a decent difference in bar vibes. Shame they're so expensive - I wish I'd kept them when selling my bike!

Changing my oil today, the oil filter kit had a small oring in it
Anyone know where it goes? Do the tabs on the filter cover go up or down?

Thanks for the link, I've been running without that washer on the spring, so up to Home Depot I go... One other thing the tabs on the oil filter cover do they go up or down? It looks like they go up, but thought I'd check with someone to be sure.

The tabs were facing up when I bought my max, and the surface looked machined for it, so I have been putting them up when I changed the oil....hope I haven't been putting it on wrong.

On a side note...I had a hell of a time trying to get that big o-ring to stay on while I was trying to reinstall the filter housing until someone on here suggested using Vaseline to hold it in place and it works perfectly.

Look on your engine case and you should see the engine case casting has a relief for the filter notches to locate the oil filter cover in 1 way. Also, this will prevent other riders ridiculing you for having your oil filter fins not positioned vertically, a subject of shame directed at you by other VMax riders everywhere, once they notice it.:biglaugh:

I use general-purpose grease for stuff like that (holding o rings or gaskets).

Water-soluble lubricant is great for persuading recalcitrant carb/airbox boots onto the carb bellmouths. It's quicker & easier than putting them into boiling water to make them more-pliable.

The tabs were facing up when I bought my max, and the surface looked machined for it, so I have been putting them up when I changed the oil....hope I haven't been putting it on wrong.

On a side note...I had a hell of a time trying to get that big o-ring to stay on while I was trying to reinstall the filter housing until someone on here suggested using Vaseline to hold it in place and it works perfectly.

installed fork brace, polished foot pegs, applied tuning fork decals to water pump and middle gear covers, pushed a strip of chrome trim on to front fender, and MY FAVORITE THING that I did: polished the shift lever that has been a thorn in my side ever since I bought Maxxy Boy. Here are a couple pics of the shift lever. I blogged a pic of it installed on the bike along with pics of my other mini-projects here: http://www.vmaxforum.net/blog.php?b=111

picture.php
picture.php

WOW. Turned out nice, Ninj! I spent the morning polishing/waxing the bike. Got too hot outside, so I had to retreat to the air conditioning! Humidity sucks.

That shift lever looks awesome. Nice job.

Too humid? It's -2 C here (28 F). Snowed this AM...

That shift lever looks awesome. Nice job.

Too humid? It's -2 C here (28 F). Snowed this AM...

Back