What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put my helmet back together. I'm happy with the way it turned out. Has a nice deep, black gloss to it now and all the shiny silver bits are the anodized red color to match the trim on the bike.

Attachments

• P1030673.jpg
    P1030673.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 41
  • P1030675.jpg
    P1030675.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 37
  • P1030678.jpg
    P1030678.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 36
What set of head lights are those on your bike?

The headlights and bracketry came from Aztec8.com $298 for everything, Lights, Brackets, Wiring harness (I ended up building a new harness when I moved up to HID).

The HID from DDMtuning.com 35w and 6000k color. $40

It can be done a lot cheaper if your fabrication savvy. I don't regret it, but I wish I would have looked around a little more before buying them. I would have saved some coin. But, oh well. my impulse buying is your advantage :) The lights are Hella ff75 driving lights, they come stock with 55w H7 halogens in them. You can score them here for $9 each. Then all you have to do is fab the brackets and wiring harness.

:rofl_200:i wonder if you ever grow tired of that question. price you pay for such a killer mod, huh?

Nahh, the part that gets old is the constant reminders, that if I wasn't so quick on the trigger I could have got my setup for hundreds less :bang head:

Nice paint job on the helmet KJ ! I like matching stuff .

Thanks, I like to match too, to me its like wearing different color socks. Sure they function, just look like hell. The old helmet just bugged be like that lone cricket outside your window or mosquito buzzing around the room at night when your trying to sleep. I finally got off my lazy ass and did something about it.

Here is a before and after. I think it looks much better now. :clapping:

Attachments

• FFR_Retro_BlkSil_lrg.jpg
    FFR_Retro_BlkSil_lrg.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 21
  • P1030671.jpg
    P1030671.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 24
Looks great KJ.

One question: considering all the endless helmet warnings about stickers/paint etc possibly damaging the structural strength, how did you go about selecting the new paint? Or did you just not care? I'm curious..

Thanks, I like to match too, to me its like wearing different color socks. Sure they function, just look like hell. The old helmet just bugged be like that lone cricket outside your window or mosquito buzzing around the room at night when your trying to sleep. I finally got off my lazy ass and did something about it.

Here is a before and after. I think it looks much better now. :clapping:

It's Beautiful KJ......

It's Beautiful KJ......

Thanks Dave. I'm happy it turned out with no dust on it. I made a little paint booth out of plastic, in my garage, then let the paint cure for 36 hours before reassembly. This winter all the body work comes off the bike to get repainted with the same stuff.

You have a few more month riding time KJ. James told me it's light nearly all the time there now, he called a couple weeks ago...

Took the max for a spin with a friend on his R1 to test out the new wheels and tires i bought from sean morley. Man what a difference with radials. Bike feels more planted through the turns. Dips wickedly quick and doesnt scare the shit outta in the turns. I leaned that bike more today than i ever have before and didnt fill my shorts lol. Those with radials now am i dreaming or does it really feel that secure in the twisties?

Sent from my GT-I9000M using Tapatalk 2

Got my new diff, extended swingarm, 17 inch wheel and 430's installed today! Inverted front end and 17 inch front coming soon! Looks awesome. Thanks Sean!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1337743451688.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1337743451688.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 44
  • uploadfromtaptalk1337743548790.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1337743548790.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 51
Got my new diff, extended swingarm, 17 inch wheel and 430's installed today! Inverted front end and 17 inch front coming soon! Looks awesome. Thanks Sean!

Wheels and swingarm looks great! :thumbs up::thumbs up: Is your drive side lower shock mount in the stock location and brake side lower shock mount moved forward? I cannot wait until I get my swingarm from Sean!:eusa_dance:

Took the max for a spin with a friend on his R1 to test out the new wheels and tires i bought from sean morley. Man what a difference with radials. Bike feels more planted through the turns. Dips wickedly quick and doesnt scare the shit outta in the turns. I leaned that bike more today than i ever have before and didnt fill my shorts lol. Those with radials now am i dreaming or does it really feel that secure in the twisties?

I cannot wait to get rolling on my Carrozzeria's, I going to hit one my roads that for about 5 miles has a series of 90 degree turns as it zigzags between farmers fields, and my lakeshore run that has two sections of fast sweepers (one has some rolling pavement irregularites) which I hope to be able to break 120 on.

You're not dreaming. It transforms a Vmax. Radials were something I'd have done sooner, if I had to do it again. I knew when I test rode Dave and Garrett's bikes, radials were in my future. But, I don't push somebody else?s bike through the twisters like my own bike. There are places I don't let off the throttle where I used to brake. I can?t wait to ride the Adirondacks. I now have put 1k on the radials and am still having a blast.
Steve

You're not dreaming. It transforms a Vmax. Radials were something I'd have done sooner, if I had to do it again. I knew when I test rode Dave and Garrett's bikes, radials were in my future. But, I don't push somebody else’s bike through the twisters like my own bike. There are places I don't let off the throttle where I used to brake. I can’t wait to ride the Adirondacks. I now have put 1k on the radials and am still having a blast.
Steve

Seems almost like you can make a mistake on a line now and correct it where before... Well dont make one lol...

"Is your drive side lower shock mount in the stock location and brake side lower shock mount moved forward?" The rear shocks are not perfectly even but I dont think it will affect handling and it doesnt look bad. Bike still isnt rideable so I havent been on it yet.. but when I do its gonna be a sweet ride!

Brian, your's is off to the coater today or tomorrow! Almost done!

It's an illusion somewhat. That's a 2.5" relocation bracket. The left side is the baseline setting for the right side. The right side is welded on with the left side connected first. Plus, the offset arm on the left side does effect the shocks parallelism a little bit too.

Sean

Yeah, but I must emphasise it doesn't look bad and I'm very pleased. Everyone says the 17 inch rear makes it a little quicker. Is it actually noticeable in everyday riding or just a small difference at the track? Can't wait to fly this thing up the canyons

Yeah, but I must emphasise it doesn't look bad and I'm very pleased. Everyone says the 17 inch rear makes it a little quicker. Is it actually noticeable in everyday riding or just a small difference at the track? Can't wait to fly this thing up the canyons

i'd say i noticed more on the highway at cruiser rpms.

Back