What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a magazine front cover bike right there !! No mod monkey that is a full KING KONG bit him in the ass mod of a bike for sure ..

Agreed for sure. Almost envious of those long winters in the dark. Almost. Would encourage some more major projects.

Shift light installed. Some tweaking to do, got to get the math down as it reads half actual rpm.
Oil pressure gauge from COO and some case guards from cap'n Kyle on the way.

Rode to work yesterday and had a surprise 3 hour meeting after work, led to a little wheelie practice on the way home. Sure will be easier once I get these cobras replaced with the marks.

Also had a little extra $ in the parts budget to throw at this forum. Been more active lately, but the info I've got from here in the last few years is worth way more than I coughed up. But now I don't feel like a mooch and it was worth the $ off the conscience.

Good deal 92max !! I'd rather read past threads then stare at naked women almost ..

I hear you there. Still love it when redbone posts though. Good god that's hot. Got a thing for strawberries though....
Wife would shit herself if I put anything of her on here. Sorry folks.

I found out that the mystery relay on the parts bike will work the horn if you pull off all the spade connectors and bump them together by accidentally leaning on them while reaching for another part. Got brake calipers, radiator side covers, new front/flip, harness, and electrical test kit. Gotta get this thing running so I don't lose my mind and my spot in bed. I hope you guys are on here a lot this weekend. I'll have questions as I screw things up.

I've seen a lot of bikes on the internet, at Daytona, or on the streets in places from south FL, where there are a lot of wealthy people w/disposable income, and people like Billy Lane (who shouldn't drink & drive), to the S.F. Bay area (Arlen Ness), Boston MA metro area (Dave Perewicz), Detroit MI (Ron Finch), and in Milwaukee WI, all places where you can see some pretty-ingenious craftsmanship and some pretty-horrible abominations from people w/more $ than taste and/or common sense. Wherever I go, I always look for the best (and worst) of two-wheeled creations.

I have to say, of all the bikes I've seen, your bike, while a bit 'busy' (in appearance, to my eye) looks to be well-planned, well-executed, and well-finished. I think among the VMaxes I have encountered, yours has to rank in the top-handful of execution and appearance excellence. Being at an age where I could retire (permanently), seeing your bike is a good reason to keep-working so I can get another bike to have as-much fun as you probably-do w/yours (that, and to make my wife happy with our financial planning). I think a Gen II would be a good choice in that department, and if I sold-off all my bikes, I could do it, but I kinda-like having a variety of different rides, though the maintenance and upkeep can be a pain in the butt and the wallet. Things would be greatly-simplified if I had a new or slightly-used Gen II instead of messing-around w/my Gen I!

"Good on-ya," as they say in the Southern Hemisphere, KJ, for showing us how they do things in the Land of the Midnight Sun, when it comes-to modding our favorite Power Cruiser. :worthy:

Thanks for the nice comments guys :) I really appreciate it.

Whelp... bought a quart of 10W40 today... paid $10 for it! Frig it! Woona is worth the coin for premium stuff!
pinkiehappy.png

Tweaked the shift light mounting a little bit. Installed the case guards I got from Kyle, they got here quick! Would've taken a quick ride and tested it all out except I did a little drinkin while messing with it, I blame a crap week at work.

Tweaked the shift light mounting a little bit. Installed the case guards I got from Kyle, they got here quick! Would've taken a quick ride and tested it all out except I did a little drinkin while messing with it, I blame a crap week at work.

Glad to hear that you didn't test it after a few down one. We don't need any more brothers going down.

Post some pics of the case guards

Reconnected the coils and fired it up after a 5 month deployment. Haven't been out for a ride yet though.

started putting leds around as extra brake lights and as extra turn signals then working on under body lights pics will come when complete

Glad to hear that you didn't test it after a few down one. We don't need any more brothers going down.

Post some pics of the case guards

Rode to work today. Going to take the long way home afterwards.
Pic of the new case guards.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 30
Put some "grip tape" on there if you want to use them for your feet. Will help keep them from slipping off as well as scratching up.

Tried to fake a delay this morning so that I had an excuse for taking the bike into work instead of commuting with my girlfriend(she works 1 block away from me). She was wise to my move and countered it well lol. I cried a little on the inside watching the garage door close with my bike inside.

Back