What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Replaced the rear brake rotor and pads. I failed to check them before drag racing at the track. The last run did it. The rotor may be salvageable, but I replaced it anyway. I got a new full set of pads front and rear AND the rear disk for about $100 on Ebay. I was recently on a business trip to England, so I got it all from Ebay UK and brought them back to Hungary with me.

New_disk_zpshjpziklf.jpg

Installed an HID headlight in the new headlight assembly. Still need to aim it properly, but got the wiring and everything done and found a place for the ballast and mounted it.

Question - What is the blue wire with a double connector coming out of the harness up at the headlight for? Can't find any loose wires to connect to it.

Here is my Vmax as it sits today. I pulled the wheels yesterday to get the tires changed. One problem. ....instead of ordering a 180/55-18......they ordered a 180/55-17.......the replacement won't be here until Thursday morning. uploadfromtaptalk1432498188694.jpg

They couldn't stretch the tires an inch?:duck:

LOL....the thing that got me.....the service manager came out....and accused me of ordering the wrong tire, because I didnt know that I had an 18 inch rim...:bang head:

Wonder they didn't bring in a 15 inch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well the tire that I ordered was a 180/55-18.....and they carry the 17 inch one in stock.....and thats what the parts guy heard. The front tire wasnt an issue. I shouldve realized that something was up, when the parts guy said, they keep it in stock, because a lot of GSXR's use the same tire. I remember him saying that....and I shouldve pressed further.

Put Woona back together so I could go for a b-day ride. Yeah, That idea I had for the LEDs went tits up. Back to stock taillight for a bit. At least until I go with some nice LED bulbs that fit the stock sockets.

Installed an HID headlight in the new headlight assembly. Still need to aim it properly, but got the wiring and everything done and found a place for the ballast and mounted it.

Question - What is the blue wire with a double connector coming out of the harness up at the headlight for? Can't find any loose wires to connect to it.

That would be going to the turn signals, I believe.

I did nothing with vmax again today
However I did jump doubles at the track in the YZ250 and pass my son in a turn lol
I took him wide and cut inside and passed him, best moment I have had in a while cause I haven't been able to keep up to the fucker on the track but today I did lol amazing what adjusting your suspension can accomplish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picked my son up, came home he polished up a used low grab bar. We then installed it together. My sons 13 and I love the bonding time. He did a great job polishing it up with the dremel and it looks way better than the huge backrest I had. Finished it up by washing and waxing it. Working on my Ol mans bike gave us a close bond. The vmax is doing the same for me and my son

Interesting - they all work. Hmmmm...

Pete - Mr. Dash was right, they are for your front signals, BUT are the power supplies for the running light filaments of the original 1157 bulbs.
I'm guessing you are using single element aftermarket LED signals, so these wires are not required. However, they are "live"whenever the ignition is on, so should be taped over well.
Cheers!

Pete - Mr. Dash was right, they are for your front signals, BUT are the power supplies for the running light filaments of the original 1157 bulbs.
I'm guessing you are using single element aftermarket LED signals, so these wires are not required. However, they are "live"whenever the ignition is on, so should be taped over well.
Cheers!

Ah, I will look into that. They are aftermarket signals but not LED. I'll see if they are 2 or 3 wire. Thanks!

After doing some work on my 91 two weeks ago, I caught a case of gout in the left big toe. It laid me on my ass for 8 days strait. Still a little tender but I decided to take the bike out to fill her up. Noticed that the stumbling I was having at 4-5K was not happening. So, going a little further and further during my testing, I ended up on top of Bear Mountain from Teterboro Airport NJ - 96 miles round trip. :biglaugh:
I was using some duct tape to cut down on the air some of the air leading into the carbs. I had 1/2 covered. Noticed it was smooth as glass from Idle to WOT. Took more tape off, and still smooth as glass.. Now there's only 1/2 inch of tape covering the air intakes.. I plan to remove the tape totally in the morning and ride her to work. If its still smooth, I would finally have a sweet running bike. I was holding off on the aesthetics till I got the engine dialed in. After tomorrow, I'll know if if its time to start working on the look.. Undo what the previous owner messed up.

Still putting the bike back together.. Very slowly... Fork seals done, new exhaust gaskets, new air plugs for sync tubes( old ones had cracks), new front wheel bearings( thanks to the forum for Autozones blind puller), new air box joints that connect to carbs... Hopefully finish tonight with new H4/9003 xenion bulbs, put air box back on, find bolt for fork brace and install front fender, make sure exhaust is tightened back up and go for a test ride... Looks like rain for the next week.. Sad I missed DC's Rolling Thunder this year, but there is always next year.. T-minus 31 days to Thunder in the Valley....

I plan to remove the tape totally in the morning and ride her to work. If its still smooth, I would finally have a sweet running bike. I was holding off on the aesthetics till I got the engine dialed in. After tomorrow, I'll know if if its time to start working on the look.. Undo what the previous owner messed up.

For the 1st time, since I got this bike, it's riding smooth as glass from Idle to WOT without any hesitation from 4 - 5K.. WHOO HOO!!!
I've always needed some restriction to the air intakes to get any kind of power out of the bike.

The Last thing I did before an attack of gout, that left me bed ridden for 8 days, was put the correct overflow tubes on each carbs, and put another 1/2 bottle of seafoam to my 4 gallons of fuel. :punk: :eusa_dance: :biglaugh:

The taillight did not work out as planned. Was no way I could get it bright enough for me to consider it acceptable. It looks as if I shall stay with stock. Still, there are ways to make the stock brighter. They have some really nice LED bulbs that will fit in that offer much better light, so I shall not complain.

Just waiting on brackets to come in that should allow me to finally remount my windshield. I got hit by enough bugs in the face yesterday to make me truly appreciate the value of having something to block them little bastards. That, and the reduction of wind noise to next to nothing is an added bonus.

Latest posts

Back