What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, thanks for the tip. Strangely when I load them & preview, they are oriented correctly. Then when the website builds it, they go sideways. Dunno why. I have used MS Paint to move pic orientation before and that is normally how I do it, to save them to my desktop so I don't have to navigate thru a bunch of files to load an image.

Here's a bastard creation that uses a John Deere turbo, an S & S Super E carb usually found doing Harley Davidson duty, and all fabrication by the shop. It has a lock-up clutch and is going on the dyno as soon as the =<^#@/+$!! dyno is fixed.

The bike on the Handy Lift went back to the factory for another paint job when the paint lifted during the first year. It was the stock color that year for the Klein Attitude which is what it is.

Anyone miss the ability to edit their posts?

If you save your pictures to your desktop or wherever you choose you can open them using MS photo gallery (Windows) and rotate them so they are properly oriented. Then once you exit it will be properly oriented and your forum mates will not have to crank their necks to see the photo properly.
Oh and btw that there is a purty color! :biglaugh:

View attachment 55215

Oops I forgot the pic

Attachments

• 20170126_134201.jpg
    20170126_134201.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 20170126_134255.jpg
    20170126_134255.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 28
Hey, if I can get a video of it, I'll post it, I'll mention it to the bike's owner, as long as he remembers to shoot it, I'll get it. I think it was at 59 rwhp when the clutch went-away, that's when he went to the lock-up clutch to fix the clutch shortcoming. The bike has a lot of "F.U." value that I can see. It's a Korean bike, sporting a USA tractor turbo (check out the cast name on the side of the turbo) and the induction system (carburetor) is a 'hot rod' part for a Harley! American ingenuity, made in a small shop, and using left-over parts. :punk:

These guys take in jobs other shops have botched, and fix them. I just watched them fix a GSXR600 a guy brought in on a pick-up truck. It didn't run, they found a wire in the harness was broken, and repaired it and now the bike runs fine. Another shop had already tried, and failed to fix it.

That is absolutely the coolest. Love a home brewed turbo. Please FU with some dyno numbers when you get them. Dyno video?? Would that be pushing it??

:thumbs up::thumbs up:

Got the new Shinkos mounted (Thanks Kyle) and a set of polished/Black airscoops on. I can go back and forth from polished to all Black.

Attachments

• 20170126_205649.jpg
    20170126_205649.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 32
  • 20170126_205716.jpg
    20170126_205716.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 29
Ordered new ME888 tires for front (110/90-18) and back (170/80-15) picked a Cobra exhaust (will be delivered tomorrow) and ordered a coil over plug kit. I'll start tearing it apart this weekend so I can start the winter maintenance.

Last night I installed a "Daymaker" style headlight assembly I picked up on Amazon. It was not Vmax specific, so I had to figure out a way to mount it. After buying various bolts, brackets and clamps from the hardware store, I finally found the simplest way was to remove the tape from two holes (one on each side) on the headlight assembly and drip/tap them for a set of (M10x30) bolts I had. Then I drilled two corresponding holes (again, one on each side) of my headlight bucket, and voila! new lights mounted. After a quick shake-down ride, I can confirm that this blows away my old 60w/100w bulb I had before by a huge margin, and the idiot lights all seem brighter too.

2e1b0w7.jpg

This is the reflection of the flash that you see. The lights are MUCH brighter :biglaugh:

Here is the link to the exact one I bought:
5.75 Inch Headlight Bulb 5 3/4" High & Low Beam LED Headlamp Kit Driving Lights for Harley Davidson Daymaker Motorcycle Projector Auxiliary Lamps

If you do a search for 5.75 LED motorcycle headlights, you can find many similar choices that would probably work as well, including some black ones. I haven't found one that was V-max ready, but where's the fun in that?!

Next up: Sumitomo 6 piston calipers and a Morley Muscle Seat.

Last night I installed a "Daymaker" style headlight assembly I picked up on Amazon. It was not Vmax specific, so I had to figure out a way to mount it. After buying various bolts, brackets and clamps from the hardware store, I finally found the simplest way was to remove the tape from two holes (one on each side) on the headlight assembly and drip/tap them for a set of (M10x30) bolts I had. Then I drilled two corresponding holes (again, one on each side) of my headlight bucket, and voila! new lights mounted. After a quick shake-down ride, I can confirm that this blows away my old 60w/100w bulb I had before by a huge margin, and the idiot lights all seem brighter too.

2e1b0w7.jpg

This is the reflection of the flash that you see. The lights are MUCH brighter :biglaugh:

5.75 Inch Headlight Bulb 5 3/4" High & Low Beam LED Headlamp Kit Driving Lights for Harley Davidson Daymaker Motorcycle Projector Auxiliary Lamps

If you do a search for 5.75 LED motorcycle headlights, you can find many similar choices that would probably work as well, including some black ones. I haven't found one that was V-max ready, but where's the fun in that?!

I really like that. I have been back and fourth on installing a led element in the OEM lamp assembly. I hear it works better than with HID which splashes light everywhere but the last thing I want to do is blind oncoming traffic. I have been waiting to see if a full assembly designed for LED comes at an affordable price.

Thanks for the details on this. It looks like the best way to get LED onboard the Vmax, besides it looks great.

Just got a new toy in the mail today, had to run out to the garage and use it. CarbTune Pro 4 - needed it for the Max and my 'new' '98 Magna. My Max had been sitting over a year without starting before I bought it. Shotguned it several times, rode it about 250 miles or so since, including a 95-mile trip to my local bike dealer for a new helmet. Bike ran good, but had a VERY noticable miss at low rpm / idle. Went to the carb section of the forum, got instructions for the synching, and after hooking up, thought I had valve problems or something. #'s 1, 3, & 4 were all over the board, and #2 wouldn't even come into sight. Decided to crank on it some, anyway, and after about 4 complete turns, got 1 & 2 pretty close. Similar adjustment needed on RH side, and L to R was off a bunch, too. Looking good now, and can't believe how much better it idles! Almost like a new engine!!!! That tool's •already• paid for itself, and I still need to check the Magna after changing jetting, and the Shadow Spirit 1100 (because I've had it 9 years and it's never been done), and the Vulcan 500 . . .

2e1b0w7.jpg

Need
Better
Photos
!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Pulled the supercharger off the Beast. Putting the Hilborn indi-runners back on. Then I'm going to take the supercharger housing to the machine shop and get some milling done.

Ride out to Slapton Sands on our maxes where the US army practiced for the D-day landings during the Second World War . A chieftain tank was dragged out the sea where a lot of US soldiers lost their lives after a surprise attack by the German navy. The tank is a memorial to the event. IMG_3977.jpgIMG_3136.jpgIMG_3138.jpg
IMG_3980.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stripped my wheels

The previous owner had the wheels and drive shaft powder coated. I wanted to do something to break up some of the black so I tried some wheel tape. I like the look. My 2004 has silver stripes on the faux tank that I tried to match. I'm not sure how easy it would be to paint over the powder coat if I could find someone to do it. What do you think of it?

Wheel%20strip_zpsmfrw4n4c.jpg
?

Back