What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You, sir, are a brave man.
She’s actually really cool about stuff like that. Check out these pictures my son found in the storage room. I forgot all about them. They were taken circa 1995. My brother in laws girlfriend (now his wife was in photography school and needed pictures for some project and asked if she could use the Vmax and my wife and I. Man, 26 years ago. I would have been 30 years old.

3592FB53-A745-45CC-840C-F8C43F44E28C.jpeg
D030057E-4FF5-4773-87EF-5CE21DA01E2E.jpeg

Finally, last wiring test before assembly..(and 1st colored piece attached). HELLL YEEEAAHH!!

20210807_175414.jpg

Test passed... BTW..
Alsmost looks like that original rats nest Of wire.. but again, alligator clips and meter show that im a .. ya know.. "professional".

:)

T$

Last edited:
I remember we'd get ready to watch a Cheech and Chong. (If you know what I mean.. ;)) Back in the day. I never since laughed so hard....

WAAS HAPPENING

You may have guessed I've just watched the film. I like that kinda stuff too, the Chinese guys were brilliant in it, they must have been howling with laughter trying to make that film. I can imagine people in East L.A. quoting this stuff over many years for a laugh.

The song also leaves you with an ear worm 👂🐛, it keeps coming back to you, its far better than the original.

F_M was right it definitely has a poke at stereotypes, good on them, we need more of this type of humour,

I did something ugly... I covered my air box cover (faux gas tank) with 3M clear tape; it's an '05 and mostly scratch free, I'd like to keep it that way. Unfortunately, it has a "T" seam in the middle and front corners, and plenty of bubbles. They're supposed to go away in the sun, we'll see about that! Took a coworker and I hours.
I've got sharp zippers on my perfectos, so I'm glad I took care of this before it gets too cold for my vest. Will update with a picture

I did something ugly... I covered my air box cover (faux gas tank) with 3M clear tape; it's an '05 and mostly scratch free, I'd like to keep it that way. Unfortunately, it has a "T" seam in the middle and front corners, and plenty of bubbles. They're supposed to go away in the sun, we'll see about that! Took a coworker and I hours.
3M clear tape or 3M Scotchguard?

I like the look of my bike from all angles, but the rear often looked like something was missing, it was the blankness of the back rest pad so I painted the vmax logo on it and now it all feels balanced,
yes I know it's not the correct logo but my knackered wrist can only do so much movement and this design is simpler to use a paint brush on for me 😁

DSC03492.JPG

I guess you mean the 'number plate',
Yes. Here we call them license plates as the vehicle technically is licensed by the State for use on the road. We also have to carry our registration (the actual license that the plate represents) with us as well as our drivers license.

Here's mine:

20210811_090025.png

Even with yours being the smaller one, it's bigger than my tail light and number plate COMBINED.

Yes. Here we call them license plates as the vehicle technically is licensed by the State for use on the road. We also have to carry our registration (the actual license that the plate represents) with us as well as our drivers license.

Even with yours being the smaller one, it's bigger than my tail light and number plate COMBINED.
We have these giant number plates as a standard size and must have the BSEU............. stamp on them to show they are legit. Colours also are required. The police enforce all this.

In the US I noticed some vehicles with tiny wee number plates, with lettering not much larger than an atom. :D Also it appears you can have anything you want printed on the plate, for instance as you get near Las Vegas there are loads of variations of Elvis and others. Maybe if you have the money in the US you can have virtually anything you want as a plate.

Maybe if you have the money in the US you can have virtually anything you want as a plate.
They're called "personalized" plates.

Each state has it's own fees for them. Here in Georgia the fee is $35.00 on top of your other fees.

My 2007 Vmax for instance has a flat fee of $20.00 plus the ad valorem tax of $23.44 for a total of $43.44 for the year. (The ad valorem tax is a tax based on value of the vehicle and is recalculated each year.)

So if I had a personalized plate it would be an additional $35.00 on top of the other fees for a total of $78.44 per year.

We have these giant number plates as a standard size and must have the BSEU............. stamp on them to show they are legit. Colours also are required. The police enforce all this.

In the US I noticed some vehicles with tiny wee number plates, with lettering not much larger than an atom. :D Also it appears you can have anything you want printed on the plate, for instance as you get near Las Vegas there are loads of variations of Elvis and others. Maybe if you have the money in the US you can have virtually anything you want as a plate.
I picked up a venture last year that had been ridden for the last 10-11 years and never had registered the plates. I've also had project bikes insured but not registered. Cops here in Texas, don't want to look that close. Or can't see...

So if I had a personalized plate it would be an additional $35.00 on top of the other fees for a total of $78.44 per year.
What a shaft having to pay every year.

I've got a personal plate on my car, and at least I only had to pay a one off over inflated price of £240 17 years ago.

I swear though that these giant number plates on our motorcycles slow you down at speeds above 60 MPH.

Each state has it's own fees for them. Here in Georgia the fee is $35.00 on top of your other fees.

My 2007 Vmax for instance has a flat fee of $20.00 plus the ad valorem tax of $23.44 for a total of $43.44 for the year. (The ad valorem tax is a tax based on value of the vehicle and is recalculated each year.)

Here in Texas I paid $30 for registration and If I wanted personal a plate, that would be $99 year. My car was about $85 and the personal plates cost me $500 for 5 years.

Back