What did you do to your Vmax today?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guys! Next the top box will go on the back so I can carry my helmet without wearing it lol, and then I have the front wave rotors with Jedi's adapters ready to go - just wearing off those old pads..
You won't be disappointed with the new rotor/ Jedi adaptor/ fesh set oh HH pads for sure! I have about 120 miles on them so far and other than needing to rebleed the brakes they have been outstanding! Good feel and response with 2 finger braking!

got the new digital speedo in yesterday. stock bracket wont work, nor will the one they sent with the speedo. quick trip to the local hardware store for a 4' piece of 1/8x1 1/2 flat aluminum. measured everything up and made my own damn bracket. polished it up and its gonna look sweet. pics when i get home from work. i also installed the custom puke bottle for the crankcase breather setup i'm running with my stage 7 setup. the wish list is getting shorter and shorter-looks like it's time to add to it!

later odieoh24

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 25
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 20
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 20
Really tore into it for the first time ever last night. Stock exhaust removed, including removing and reinstalling rear tire. (engineering marvel on that exhaust i tell ya).

Drained the oil, dropped the pan, checked the o-ring (good:eusa_dance:) installed COO's saver kit, (thanks Danny for the tips) scraped the gasket FOREVER. It really sucks to scrape it off the bottom of the engine when the bike is on the centerstand only inches off the ground:bang head:. Buttoned it all back up and put in a new filter and oil. Yamalube 20-50 and stock filter.

Cleaned some stuff that I don't want to clean again for a loooong time. Got me some Marks Pipes on the bike. Everything is on but its not all tightened up yet. Not sure the deal with my system but one of the cans will touch the shock if I tighten the muffler bolts:confused2:. Maybe need some tweaking? ANY TIPS ON THIS

It was close enough that I gave the wife and kids a wake up call with new exhaust at 7AM... Would have done it last night when I put em on but It was 3AM when all was said and done. Not much sleep last night LOL.

Oh, and by the way. The bike sounds downright NASTY with stock pipes only, no mufflers. :punk::punk:. I shoulda left it like that and saved the cash. It will scare children. Seriously, ask my kids. LOL.

The clearance was close on the brake side with my Mark's install. I did some armstrong clearancing and while it is closer than theside the shock will not hit it. I am going to replace the stock bolt and the supplied nut with a longer SS bolt and SS locknut. There was no need for any sealer on any of the joints it all fit together nicely.:punk:
And yes they sound even nicer! I'm going to try to get the video camera for some sound bites this weekend.

Well i just got in from laying on the black chrome on the 03,and i walk in the house to two large boxs,its christmas time at moneypits house,got my x-pipe and the quality of this thing is second to none,wow.The other box was my otec rear sets for the 09 and the clear covers:worthy:.It is unbelievable how these guys do the things they do,its just sick looking,worth every penney imo.I will start the install tomorrow and try to be finished before the weekend his out.Also got the call,got to go to work on sunday,oh well got to pay for the christmas gifts right,lol.:worthy::biglaugh:

Well i just got in from laying on the black chrome on the 03,and i walk in the house to two large boxs,its christmas time at moneypits house,got my x-pipe and the quality of this thing is second to none,wow.The other box was my otec rear sets for the 09 and the clear covers:worthy:.It is unbelievable how these guys do the things they do,its just sick looking,worth every penney imo.I will start the install tomorrow and try to be finished before the weekend his out.Also got the call,got to go to work on sunday,oh well got to pay for the christmas gifts right,lol.:worthy::biglaugh:
Damn MP you have modded the '02 so much it turned into a '03 ! Nice job!:rofl_200:
That '09 is gonna be one sick looking ride!

Hey this is AceMan from Down Under, just let you know I bought a 95 Vmax 2 days ago. I'd actually never heard of one before last week, even though I have been riding bikes for 30 years. After I discovered their unique look I dod the research and instantly wanted one. Soon as I got it home after a very long ride, I removed the rear bag rack that was on it, the front wind visor and I also rolled the standard handlebars back about 15 degrees. Now the wife loves it as before she said it looked like a yankee police bike. I must admit that it looks pretty tough now.
I have not long finished with a Ducati and I can't stop thinking about this VMax and the Power it has.
Any one with any ideas where I can get quality aftermarket parts at reasonable prices, I will be greatful. I have found come really cool stuff to add on but find that the prices are exagerated a bit too much.
Later...

Damn MP you have modded the '02 so much it turned into a '03 ! Nice job!:rofl_200:
That '09 is gonna be one sick looking ride!

No shit red i made mistake,lol very excited you see,i wait for long time now.Next time i double confirm before i say anything ,back to work i go,just finished unstallind new rizomz grips and otec V4carb covers on the 02,AHH,THATS BETTER.jUST ABOUT TO START ON THE X-PIPE ON THE 09 AFTER I MAKE A POT OF COFFEE.Hopefully everyone and myself included will have a great weekend doing mods,big or small.I will try to get pics by the end of the weekend,later boys.:clapping::punk:

Finished up the install of my Mark's Pipes yesterday afterwork. My system is 4 into 2, has 12" cans with 2.5" outlets, and no turndown tips. Removed the centerstand too.

DSC02262.jpg

DSC02261.jpg

DSC02257.jpg

DSC02255.jpg

Last edited:
No shit red i made mistake,lol very excited you see,i wait for long time now.Next time i double confirm before i say anything ,back to work i go,just finished unstallind new rizomz grips and otec V4carb covers on the 02,AHH,THATS BETTER.jUST ABOUT TO START ON THE X-PIPE ON THE 09 AFTER I MAKE A POT OF COFFEE.Hopefully everyone and myself included will have a great weekend doing mods,big or small.I will try to get pics by the end of the weekend,later boys.:clapping::punk:

Modding the bike hell, am going riding for a change LOL........ Will be changing the oil next weekend though... and hopefully mocking up the undertail exhaust, and finally getting to ride with you on the Moneypit (or part Deux if it is running).

Finished up the install of my Mark's Pipes yesterday afterwork. My system is 4 into 2, has 12" cans with 2.5" outlets, and no turndown tips. Removed the centerstand too.

DSC02262.jpg

DSC02261.jpg

DSC02257.jpg

DSC02255.jpg
Very nice Mike! I see that you got the clearance issue resolved, as you know I had a little issue too, but it really does fit nice, all the parts have a nice tight tolerance to them. I have a few miles on them and couldn't be happier, I just hope law enforcement likes them as much as I do! These bad boys have a awesome tone to them for sure!:punk:

I got the heads installed Thursday nite. Today is cams. Then wait for Yomama to provide the remaining seals and the dowels that "disappeared" from the clutch cover. It's looking like an engine now.

I hear ya Gunrunner, brother and I took a ride in high 40's and a cold wind blowing off lake Superior. We road inland to try get away from the wind but not too much help. We stopped twice to warm up in the 90 miles we rode. It even started spitting rain as we were coming home, messed up weather day made brighter by riding!:punk:
Ended the ride by terrorizing the neighborhood with power wheelies past our buddies house who rides a CBR600RR that has yet to see the daylight this year. It sits in my brother's basement covered up with a blanket!:ummm:

Good morning men,well its done all the otec stuff installed and the new x-pipe cat elimanator and the rest of the exhaust is on.I got to say otec shit is expensive,but man does that shit fit well and look like something out of this world.The bike now is LOUD and imo sounds very VERY angry and ready to bite the head off something.I just got in from work now so i will shoot some pics and try to get them on the forum by days end.The 02 is not quite finished yet so the pics will have to wait until im done installing the skins.Im going to ride the 09 today for the first time,im a little excited:biglaugh::biglaugh:,its been to long of a mod season,i just want to ride now.Later gants.:eusa_dance::punk:

Sounds awesome money.Give me a shout when you get back from your ride. I'll PM the ph #.
Remember,..."asphalt is evil ,and must be punished". :punk:

An ride that 09 til your wrist hurts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back