What did you do to your Vmax today?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I went for a ride today to get everything all warmed up a little. a couple of hours later the sky got nasty so I figure that was the powers that be telling me to work on the reaper.:angry flame devil:

I't has a little over 500 miles on it now, so I drained it's blood and replaced the fluids. :punk:

Popped the front rim off, and put on the wave rotors and new brake pads.
Holy shit!!! talk about stopping power! :eusa_dance:

I ordered the good front suspention parts, and a new rear rotor to match the front.

Other then that, it was a great day off. Gotta go I have some ribeyes to BBQ. Here is the latest pictures.

Attachments

• rotor.jpg
    rotor.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 27
  • 170.jpg
    170.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 26
Well, I went for a ride today to get everything all warmed up a little. a couple of hours later the sky got nasty so I figure that was the powers that be telling me to work on the reaper.:angry flame devil:

I't has a little over 500 miles on it now, so I drained it's blood and replaced the fluids. :punk:

Popped the front rim off, and put on the wave rotors and new brake pads.
Holy shit!!! talk about stopping power! :eusa_dance:

I ordered the good front suspention parts, and a new rear rotor to match the front.

Other then that, it was a great day off. Gotta go I have some ribeyes to BBQ. Here is the latest pictures.
That looks good , where did you buy the rotors ?

That looks good , where did you buy the rotors ?

I got them off of eBay, they came from Hong Kong. The guy has great feedback so I chose to get them. A friend of mine said if I didn't like them he would buy them for his sport bike so I figured I'll gamble a little.

They arrived in less then a week, not a bad deal for under $200 and lighter then the stockers. I took them over to a friend's machine shop and had them inspected, magnafluxed etc. They checked out fine.

They perfectly mached up to my front wheel, I had absolutely no issues on the install. These with the new pads, I have to say what a totally different braking expirence. Sweet and controllable. A definate improvement over the stockers (now for sale along with a clear taillight lens w/bulbs).

I know they are not Galfers but a big improvement none the less. Definately a gamble that payed off.

Well today I mounted my dyna coils and wired them.
mounted the dyna 3000 .
cut and made my nology spark plug wires to connect to coils.
well that sums it up I guess .
soon I will be building my engine , updates to come :biglaugh:

I put on a 2007 factory seat and took the bike down to a friends shop for a dyno tune the seat felt great I usually have a UFO seat on it[then again I have forward controls] I'm sticking with the factory seat.

I also ran into 2 2009 6.1 Hemi Challengers at the dealership next store they are marking these things up $35.000 over sticker!

I tried to take a camera phone pic of myself on the bike before I pulled it out I don't know how these kids do it? my arms are not long enough!

Attachments

• IMG_0172.jpg
    IMG_0172.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0175.jpg
    IMG_0175.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0179.jpg
    IMG_0179.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0176.jpg
    IMG_0176.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0180.jpg
    IMG_0180.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0173.jpg
    IMG_0173.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0162.jpg
    IMG_0162.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 23
Ouch, 13 mpg. I bet those things are going to sit on the lot. Read in the news today that Chrysler sales were down almost 50% in June compared to last year. Toyota didn't do well either.

Ouch.

Ouch, 13 mpg. I bet those things are going to sit on the lot. Read in the news today that Chrysler sales were down almost 50% in June compared to last year. Toyota didn't do well either.

Ouch.

Chrysler was stupid enough to make them ahhh "limited edition" so all the dealers are asking like $75.000 for them[sound kinda familier] $35.000 over sticker! dumb,dumb,dumb Ford did not do that with the Mustang[theysell like crazy] and their all over the place.:bang head:

After almost a year of work, finally finished my Max. Every gasket, o-ring, bearing, seal and other replaceable part except in the engine block has been replaced. The oil delivery system was replaced with the later unit for the "o-ring" problem. The carbs were completely dismantled and every part replaced (Bike wouldn't run below 3000 rpm which is what started the re-do. Just went a little overboard). Bought a set of 2004 forks and added Race Tech emulators and springs. Swapped pumpkin for Venture unit. Replaced the radiator, thermostat and all hoses and the drain valve assembly. Powdercoated the swingarm, brake bar and rear caliper bracket gloss black. Adjusted the valves. Added Kosman 18" rear wheel and radials, tons of chrome work (much of which had to be re-done), added chrome head pipes and Kerker slip-ons (97 bike had black exhaust system). There is a whole lot more but I can't type THAT much.... Probably have triple what the bike is worth invested and many hours of labor. Also had a custom paint job.

Sorry for the poor quality of the pics. The paint is MUCH better looking than the pics...

After all this, the bike started first try and ran beautifully. Just had to sync the carbs but they were not off very much. I expected something to be off or leak but everything was great. Being apart that long you usually screw something up, leave something off or forget to torque something.

Attachments

• 2008-04 Side View - Right.jpg
    2008-04 Side View - Right.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 2008-06 - Finished - Right Rear.jpg
    2008-06 - Finished - Right Rear.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 23
  • 2008-06 - Finished - Right Front.jpg
    2008-06 - Finished - Right Front.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 2008-06 - Finished - Right Side 1.jpg
    2008-06 - Finished - Right Side 1.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 28
  • 2008-06 - Finished - Right Side 2.jpg
    2008-06 - Finished - Right Side 2.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 23
Very nice work - looks great!

Obviously, it was a good thing that the carbs gave you problems, just look at the results!

Mike

Nice work. Love the paint and chrome combo.
You going to post some pics in the Garage?

After almost a year of work, finally finished my Max. Every gasket, o-ring, bearing, seal and other replaceable part except in the engine block has been replaced. The oil delivery system was replaced with the later unit for the "o-ring" problem. The carbs were completely dismantled and every part replaced (Bike wouldn't run below 3000 rpm which is what started the re-do. Just went a little overboard). Bought a set of 2004 forks and added Race Tech emulators and springs. Swapped pumpkin for Venture unit. Replaced the radiator, thermostat and all hoses and the drain valve assembly. Powdercoated the swingarm, brake bar and rear caliper bracket gloss black. Adjusted the valves. Added Kosman 18" rear wheel and radials, tons of chrome work (much of which had to be re-done), added chrome head pipes and Kerker slip-ons (97 bike had black exhaust system). There is a whole lot more but I can't type THAT much.... Probably have triple what the bike is worth invested and many hours of labor. Also had a custom paint job.

Sorry for the poor quality of the pics. The paint is MUCH better looking than the pics...

After all this, the bike started first try and ran beautifully. Just had to sync the carbs but they were not off very much. I expected something to be off or leak but everything was great. Being apart that long you usually screw something up, leave something off or forget to torque something.

My bike is that same color candy orange but it comes out darker in pic's Nice I love orange with chrome.

Very nice job, looks like the muscle car orange is becoming the hot color this summer, I like it! Very thoughtful mods that will make sure you can enjoy your handiwork for a long time to come. :thumbs up: :thumbs up:

Hi everyone
I have been riding my max to work every day to save on gas. Today though when I pulled up to the plant I noticed I have no back brakes. I am guessin my huge foot was resting on the lever going down the road. It was about a 10 mile ride. I am hoping it comes back after it cools down. Has anyone done a bonehead thing like I did this morning and will the pressure come back?
Any ideas would be awesome :)

Today I installed some long stem (2" over stock) mirrors. Now I've got a mirror full of rear view instead of a mirror full of shoulder. They're great!
Ran 1/3 bottle of SeaFoam in with a fill up. The results were almost immediate. I'll always have a bottle in the shop from now on.
And finally, I used Sean Morley's "fall off" method of adjusting the steering head nuts, which is explained in a previous thread. I ended up with 23 ft. lbs. of torque, and the bike handles beautifully! No wobble, no straight line weave, it's perfect! Thanks a million, Sean.

dan :biglaugh:

Very nice looking bike , Glad your happy with the results.

I rode to work this morning ,no traffic ,no school buses, no garbage trucks.I love the day before a holiday!!!:clapping:

Only On a VMax can I turn a 15 minute ride to the NAPA store into a four hour ride to the coast. LOL!
I ran down to Napa to get some RED paint, so I can get those purple bolts fixed.
On my way back home, I came to a light and it was either turn left and go home with the rest of the traffic, or go straight which had no traffic for as far as I could see! So I went straight.
The next thing you know I'm on the east coast having hotdogs and a beer for lunch!
Well got home 4 hours later and painted those bolts RED this time. Napa didn't have any Satin, so I settled for Radiant Red. Which best I can tell matches the pinstripe pretty good. It may be a tad darker than the pinstripe on the wheel, but that's what I was going for anyway.
So here are the pics, but unfortunatley cell phone pics aren't too great.

1st pic is the new red
2nd pic was the old purple, ( can't really tell the difference in the pic)
3rd pic is the bolts after I cleaned the purple paint off them (you can tell the purple on the box)
4th pic is the new Red
5th picture is the rear (murphy showed up and stripped the head so I couldn't get one off, So I'll have to order a new one and paint it this week)

Attachments

• fw2.jpg
    fw2.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 21
  • fw7-5-08.jpg
    fw7-5-08.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 24
  • fwbolts.jpg
    fwbolts.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 17
  • fwbolts1.jpg
    fwbolts1.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 20
  • rearwhl.jpg
    rearwhl.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 29
Only On a VMax can I turn a 15 minute ride to the NAPA store into a four hour ride to the coast. LOL!
I ran down to Napa to get some RED paint, so I can get those purple bolts fixed.
On my way back home, I came to a light and it was either turn left and go home with the rest of the traffic, or go straight which had no traffic for as far as I could see! So I went straight.
The next thing you know I'm on the east coast having hotdogs and a beer for lunch!
Well got home 4 hours later and painted those bolts RED this time. Napa didn't have any Satin, so I settled for Radiant Red. Which best I can tell matches the pinstripe pretty good. It may be a tad darker than the pinstripe on the wheel, but that's what I was going for anyway.
So here are the pics, but unfortunatley cell phone pics aren't too great.

1st pic is the new red
2nd pic was the old purple, ( can't really tell the difference in the pic)
3rd pic is the bolts after I cleaned the purple paint off them (you can tell the purple on the box)
4th pic is the new Red
5th picture is the rear (murphy showed up and stripped the head so I couldn't get one off, So I'll have to order a new one and paint it this week)
82 looks like you did the stock exhaust mod how did it work out as far as sound and any roll on power loss

This is what owning a motorcycle is all about :punk:
Nice touch with the paintwork. Looks good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back