what I did to my Vmax this winter

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daves86vmax

Reaction score
What's up guys,everyone ready to get this cold weather behind us for another year?I myself can't wait to be able to ride on a regular basis not just when it happens to break 40 deg.This being my first winter with my Vmax I had (like probably many of you) alot of time to tinker and not ride here in Ohio.Here's a list of what I've done since I got the bike,most of which was done during the winter.New fuel tank,sending unit,8mm silicon wires,NGK boots,tore the carbs all the way down and cleaned them and installed all new o-rings and gaskets for the carbs,new carb joint boots and v-boost joint boots,intake o-rings and just the other day synced them,stripped sanded and polished my scoops,drag bars,swivel bar end mirrors,flyscreen,python motorsports short signals,removed tail light and plate bracket and installed L.E.D. tail lights @ the grab bar and built an axle mtd plate bracket and bought an L.E.D. plate frame from custom dynamics,sanded and painted my Kerkers with High temp primer paint and clear coat,painted my gauge cluster cover.spent alot of time cleaning and replacing old ugly bolts and such and thats about it,whew.Now I'd just like to ride it.Be careful out there guys.Dave

Attachments

• finished after winter overhaul 016.jpg
    finished after winter overhaul 016.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 39
  • finished after winter overhaul 012.jpg
    finished after winter overhaul 012.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 30
  • finished after winter overhaul 018.jpg
    finished after winter overhaul 018.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 32
  • finished after winter overhaul 019.jpg
    finished after winter overhaul 019.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 31
  • finished after winter overhaul 001.jpg
    finished after winter overhaul 001.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 39
Now that looks good bud,.....I have yet to do any serious tear into yet,...weekends are spoken for and a lil too cool hear yet to spend too long in the garage. But have parts accumulated and ready for a nice day,..

looks great man. How do you like the drag bars compared to stock? Been thinking about a set myself but i have short arms. I can handle the stock bars, do the drag bars require more "reach"?

thanks,i'm about 5'-10" and i like the drag bars...i always felt i was sitting upright too much and these feel pretty good so far.

TThis winter I painted the faux tank cover and side pieces,installed a T-Boost module,installed 8mm plug wires,polished the scoops,clutch cover and alternator cover,customized my instrument cluster, installed a water temp meter, lowered the max 2" in the front and rear, opened up the carb mixture and removed the "Y" cover from the air box, re did my seat to fit MY ass and am ordering a set of C.O.P.s to replace the stock cracked coils and tomorrow I will instal the ignition timing advance mod and, still so much more to come:banana::band::git::banana::banana::banana::banana:
<<Dave>>

exactrep frame braces, rear hugger, engine braces, solid motor mounts,and carbtune2, mario's chromed raptor shiftlite cover, dyna 3000, chromed switch housings, digital speedo from vmaxbitz, and a few one-off pieces i'm having made in the uk. everything should be here within the next 3 weeks then i'll take some new pics. ya the economy is bad, but if you got some stashed cash now is the time to buy overseas! the great british pound has lost .65 cents on the dollar and the euro is down as well.

later odieoh24

looks great man. How do you like the drag bars compared to stock? Been thinking about a set myself but i have short arms. I can handle the stock bars, do the drag bars require more "reach"?

i had flanders drag bars on mine and had to go back to stock...

i found the reach a bit uncomfortable when making sharp slow speed turns and one shoulder would have to reach really far, however, i have a bad right shoulder so that contributed to a lot of it. now that their stock it feels a lot better.

just my $.02

Latest posts

Back