What kind of slip ons are these?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shorthair88

Reaction score
can anyone identify these slip ons?

Attachments

• 100_1033.jpg
    100_1033.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 100
Yes, It's the same exhaust a friend of mine installed on his '09, the whole back-half is built in house at UFO.

Why dont they look like any of the pics ive found of the twin star exhaust on the net? how did your friends bike sound with them on?

Why dont they look like any of the pics ive found of the twin star exhaust on the net? how did your friends bike sound with them on?

The system with the megs on his web site and ebay are standard offerings and you have to call UFO and request those cans. My friends bike still had the DB killers in it and sounded good.

This was my friends bike with the Twin Star.

Attachments

• dvmax.jpg
    dvmax.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 33
What do you want to know???lol

How did he treat it, store it, what did he do to it besides the exhaust, how much did the exhaust cost him, why did he trade it in, did he have any recalls addressed, any other after market stuff, did he remap it after exhaust was installed, spill your guts brother..lol..im spending alot of cabbage on it tomorrow!!

How did he treat it, store it, what did he do to it besides the exhaust, how much did the exhaust cost him, why did he trade it in, did he have any recalls addressed, any other after market stuff, did he remap it after exhaust was installed, spill your guts brother..lol..im spending alot of cabbage on it tomorrow!!

Dealer said seller prefered not to talk to me??? why?

He did not abuse it in anyway, honestly I think it scared the hell out of him. He mostly commuted from warrenton, Va. to the Pentagon and said it used to much gas and had to stop on the return trip for gas. The bike was always stored in his garage with the cover on it. I think he paid $1200.-$1400. for the exhaust, max tuner and drop in air filter in the spring of 2010 but never removed the restricter plate in the air box. I don't think the oil pump has been replaced unless Wauh did it...I don't think they did. Any yamaha dealer will install the oil pump at no charge.

Are you picking it up yourself or having it shipped?

I thought those were slip on's? why so spendy? Having it shipped, ( any thoughts ) P.S. TYVM for the info, I really really apreciate it, I plan on buying it tomorrow, doesnt seem like any reason not to.

I thought those were slip on's? why so spendy? Having it shipped, ( any thoughts ) P.S. TYVM for the info, I really really apreciate it, I plan on buying it tomorrow, doesnt seem like any reason not to.

It's a cat delete system and those cans are hand fabricated out of aluminum and hand polished, has S/S baffle packing and never needs repacking. You got a very good deal on a VERY nice VMax.

Back