What pipes should I buy???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustyJames

Reaction score
Just bought a 2006
I want to get rid of these stock pipes and get something that sounds good and gives me more HP
any advice???:hmmm:

I absolutely LOVE the way my Hindle 4-1 header and Kerker K45 Carbon Fiber Can sound. I'm a little biased, but think it's the best sounding combo you can put on one.

Oh here's the dyno sheet on the bike. Along with the exhaust it's got a Stage 7 kit in the carbs with the individual air filters.

VMaxDyno2.jpg

Looks a bit rich around 90mph (rpm???) Also shows in the torque curve and slightly in the HP curve.

Not that you needed or wanted to know that...

As for the exhaust... Hindle, Kerker, Holeshot (aka Dale Walker), Marks Performance, and HMF are the biggies in the U.S. There are a few made in Europe and the UK that are also good.

Holeshot sound clip

Looks a bit rich around 90mph (rpm???) Also shows in the torque curve and slightly in the HP curve.

Not that you needed or wanted to know that...

As for the exhaust... Hindle, Kerker, Holeshot (aka Dale Walker), Marks Performance, and HMF are the biggies in the U.S. There are a few made in Europe and the UK that are also good.

Holeshot sound clip

Yeah I saw that last year right after I pulled it off the dyno. I'm going to throw some timing at it and play with the advance curve and hope to get some of that out and gain a few more ponies.

That dip is normal on stage 7 bikes. It's due to the lighter springs and drilled slides. They open quicker and cause a rich dip. I'm betting if you try stock springs it'll go away but it may hurt you in a different rpm range. This is where EFI would be nice.

Mark

Ha I just re-read the post. Yeah I was talking about it trailing off at the end and getting that back. I can shift around the dip early on, that doesn't bother me.

Back