What's the best/easy/cheap fan switch mod?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shuriken

Reaction score
You can make a manual fan switch for less than $5 - pick up a on/off toggle switch and some wire - I wired into the thermo switch. That's all there is to it.

Mike

190 Automotive Thermo = Under $5.00
Single Throw Double Pole Toggle Switch = under $5.00

1.5 hours of labor and common sense.

no more hot running VMAX :clapping:

I'm lazy so I just bought the one off eBay for $22.94 delivered. Has all parts needed including a nice rocker switch. Only works when key is on and doesn't over-ride the temperature switch.

I'm lazy so I just bought the one off eBay for $22.94 delivered. Has all parts needed including a nice rocker switch. Only works when key is on and doesn't over-ride the temperature switch.

I am in the wrong buisness. While you are at it can I sell you a gallon of anti freeze for 45.00 that includes shipping? This is good anti freeze, its green, has a sweet taste to it incase you get it in your mouth while draining your radiator.
Also you amy want to replace the hose clamps and o ring, I will through them in for an additonal 35.00. The hose clamps are shiny silver and the o-ring is a beautiful black color, will match the engine paint nicely.

I am in the wrong buisness. While you are at it can I sell you a gallon of anti freeze for 45.00 that includes shipping? This is good anti freeze, its green, has a sweet taste to it incase you get it in your mouth while draining your radiator.
Also you amy want to replace the hose clamps and o ring, I will through them in for an additonal 35.00. The hose clamps are shiny silver and the o-ring is a beautiful black color, will match the engine paint nicely.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!! Guess I need to go to Radioshack, buy out all their toggle switches at $2.50 ea, a roll of 14ga red wire, some connectors (won't matter which type as I can sell adapters), heat shrink, and pretty packaging. For a cost of ~$5.00 in material and 10 minutes of my time I can then charge $20 (have to undercut my competition) and make a killing. Oh yeah, and they need to pay me an additional $10 for my adapter!! :rofl_200:

Yep, got my lighted flush mount round switch on clearance for .50? at A/Z and used wire I had at the house and soldered everything together. Works GR8! :eusa_dance:

Back