Hardbags for v-max..... thoughts

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They look semi-permanent in mounting also the side opening will not be optimal for ease of use. I think there are better options. I suggest Givi.

they look like these bags
http://www.a1hardbags.com/motorcycl...magna-vtx-sabre-saddlebag-saddle/prod_21.html
and the problem I see is they don't have any relief molded into them on the back side for the shocks. check out the fatmax backside and you'll see what I mean.
http://fatmax.com/access1/acces1.htm
It's too bad fatmax has to be priced so high. Most of the bag companies sell some type of quick release mounting but Im sure some type of fabricating would be needed to mount on the max.
later,bill

I'm a jerk and I know it! So here goes. Bags on your Max? Why? What next , a trailer hitch? Lipstick on a pig to me. Want fast and storage, get a FJR. Awesome bike

I'm a jerk and I know it! So here goes. Bags on your Max? Why? What next , a trailer hitch? Lipstick on a pig to me. Want fast and storage, get a FJR. Awesome bike
Hey Pat -
What's this about a trailer hitch for a Max?????
Where do I buy One??:punk:

Attachments

• wish I had  trailer.....jpg
    wish I had trailer.....jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 35
Hey miles. Nice Utah pic . The fatmax bags I've seen in person and look natural and really good on the vmax. They are also easily removed . Just a little pricey

Hey Pat -
What's this about a trailer hitch for a Max?????
Where do I buy One??:punk:
Here you go Miles, contact Tyler Pennock. He has been using his trailer behind his Vmax for years. Here is a picture of his setup:
With trailer
Tyler Pennock's Vmax w trailer.jpg

Attachment points
IMG_0218.jpg IMG_0217.jpg IMG_0216.jpg IMG_0165.jpg

some of us only got the money for one bike and love the vmax!

Hey miles. Nice Utah pic . The fatmax bags I've seen in person and look natural and really good on the vmax. They are also easily removed . Just a little pricey

I see you're from Salt lake. I hope to see your area of Utah on my next toot-maybe this summer.
I enjoyed my solo trip so much to your state, that I took my wife back last spring and saw even more (unfortunately, in a cage this time). I hope you realize that you live in the most scenic state in the U.S.- IMHO. Absolutely incredible! Mesas, desert, rivers, boreal forest, snow-capped mountains - sometimes all in one view! And dry, biker-friendly climate!
I agree about the FATMAX bags. Quality product, at a very reasonable price. I like all the owner's products, and by all accounts he is a terrific guy to deal with.
Personally, I hope to someday make a set of custom fibreglass bags, but it doesn't look like it will be this year. That same wife that I travel with has got too many home renos in my agenda. Bummer!
take care

LOL Patmax may get a Royal Thumping from the Canadian Tyler, do what i did buy a Roadliner lots of storage then please dont ruin the sexy lines of your vmax and put bags on it. Its like how many 4 door wood grain Lamborghini's do you see.

Here you go Miles, contact Tyler Pennock. He has been using his trailer behind his Vmax for years.
Thanks, Brian. Actually, I was only kidding when I asked about the hitch. I do kind of envy the bikers with all that capacity (sometimes even tent trailers!), but I'll just continue to pile things on two wheels only. A trike or a Spyder would be my next step, before hauling a trailer.
Cheers!

The first link one look like the Fatmax bags I had on my '86, and they looked good IMO complimenting the lines of the Max. I had a Givi top box too, check out my album for pix.

Why not a sidecar? Our Maxes handle so well and have great mileage to start with. Would love a Stratoliner S for touring. I deserve all the disparaging remarks. I was in a bad mood. Sorry guys

When in doubt...Gas it !!!

@ miles. If you're
In northern Utah this summer get ahold of me on here and ill get the vmax crew together and go raid one of the local canyons. If you don't have a bike we've got a few loaners .
Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

@ miles. If you're
In northern Utah this summer get ahold of me on here and ill get the vmax crew together and go raid one of the local canyons. If you don't have a bike we've got a few loaners .
Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

That would be groovy! And if I'm there - it will be on my bike. But I will be at a bit of a disadvantage in the canyons - my Max weighs 800 pounds +
Thanks for the invite!

Back