Whats this vmax worth iyho...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HDKILA

Reaction score
The vmax I was making a deal on fell through yesterday but as fate would have it there is a local one that just hit ebay just a few miles away from my house! It is a 1988 with only 13xxx miles and in very good condition! Original owner as well...I offered 3 grand for the bike as that was the reserve but the owner is telling me he wants min 3500.

I am going to the view the bike and ride the bike today. If you guys would not mind checking out the link and letting me know what you think this badboy is worth I would appreciate it.

Also when I ride the bike other than the odvious stuff is there anything I should look for that vmax's are known for?

Thanks again gang...hopefully this is the ONE FOR ME!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...viewitem=&item=200258006535&_trksid=p3907.m32

Check out this NADA value:

http://www.nadaguides.com/default.a...&m=0065&d=1500014560&y=1988&ml=Y&gc=AM&gtc=MC

If it's in excellent condition it's worth $2775.

The '88 you showed looks in excellent shape. Some extras I noticed are passenger backrest and engine guards. Does it come with a complete tool kit? I would ask for service records if he has 'em. Only 14,000 miles so not due for a valve adjustment yet. Ask if he has a carb sync that he could include? Ask him how old the battery is too.

This ride looks like it's in fine shape. I paid more for my '86 (duh) so I'd say it's worth the asking price.
My experience is that - especially lately with the price of gas - bike tend to sell for higher prices that their listed 'book' value.

Just my 2 cents..

Price depends on market value in your area, condition bike and how much you want it. The only issue I see from the pics is the front pipes have blueing - these are stock pipes and are double walled, so it takes alot to blue them - so pay attention on start up (cold engine is important) blowing smoke? also pay attention to test ride - how does it run - I guess what I'm saying is, what is the state of tune of the engine.

Mike

The guy selling must be retarded.

First off all selling vehicles on ebay doesnt always pan out.

Two, he has to pay 12% selling fee.

If the highest bid was say 3000.00 he would have to pay 360.00 for selling fees and that is lower than what your offering. If he got the 3500.00 he was aking it would cost him 420.00 in selling fees, he would only walk away with 3080.00 DUH!!

Put it to him that way and offer him the 3000.00 to him.

If the highest bid was say 3000.00 he would have to pay 360.00 for selling fees and that is lower than what your offering. If he got the 3500.00 he was aking it would cost him 420.00 in selling fees, he would only walk away with 3080.00 DUH!!

Very good point!

eBay only charged me $80 to sell my 2004 Bandit which went for $4550. ($40 listing and $40 selling fees). This was about 2 months ago.

The guy who is selling it is Pakistani (believe it or not) and is very stubborn. He does not speak good english and thinks the bike is worth more than it is. Time is not on his side.

But you have the power right now - to but or not to buy. Just tell him you're happy to buy it from him, but the most you can afford is 3000 since you will still need to get new tires, rubber etc, and that the book value for a perfect example is 2775. Print out the book value and email it to him.

This way if it doesn't sell his only option will be to offer it to you at your price. :eusa_dance:

If it goes for more, it just wasn't the bike for you! :confused2:

The guy who is selling it is Pakistani (believe it or not) and is very stubborn. He does not speak good english and thinks the bike is worth more than it is. Time is not on his side.
WHY ARE YOU GOING TO KILL HIM ? :rofl_200:

WHY ARE YOU GOING TO KILL HIM ? :rofl_200:

I just hope that if i buy it i am not in-directly funding terrorism. :rofl_200:

And what I meant by that statement was that if I find another one I will snatch it up and he will be left in the dust.

eBay only charged me $80 to sell my 2004 Bandit which went for $4550. ($40 listing and $40 selling fees). This was about 2 months ago.

Then maybe Im the retarded one.

I was having a conversation with a friend of mine who sells on ebay, basically thats his side business and he told me selling fees went up to 12%.

I guess I should keep my second hand info to myself.

I think the fees depend on what category you are listing in. Don't think many would sell big ticket items if they charged 12%. They get you in several ways though. A listing fee, a selling fee and PayPal fees if you use PayPal. Pretty much have to use PayPal now as they are going to stop allowing Money Orders and other forms of payment. Soon the only way to pay will be PayPal or a business credit card which the small or casual seller won't have. It is almost as if they don't want the small seller anymore, just the large volume sellers. Isn't a monopoly wonderful!! :bang head:

It's not a total monopoly, yahoo has an auction site, least they used to, then there's craiglist. And there used to be another, but I can't remember the name.

Not a lot of action on Yahoo (if they are still around) and Craigslist is not an auction site. I like selling something that at least two people want. Makes for high sale prices on occasion. For example, sold one motorcycle magazine (1975 Big Bike issue) for $128. Don't know why it went so high but the final winner was in Canada.

Yea I love eBay too. It only takes a pair of fruitcakes to start a bidding war to make a happy seller. Funny thing is they end up paying more than from a shop brand new item! :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

But it's also great for buying - if you can keep yourself from the delusion of wanting to be that high bidder and go in right at the end, there's some serious bargains to be had! :eusa_dance::clapping::biglaugh:

eBay did change their fees policy very recently, and mostly fees went up (why else would they change), but a lot got simplified, and if I remember correctly, a lot of automotive listings now use a flat fee format rather than %.

As far as PayPal is concerned, I've had accounts with them for a long time. I think it's a great service, but they do charge for receiving money (bastards had to make some $$ somewhere..) :icon_rolleyes:
The way I've been getting round it, is that on higher value items I sell, I make it clear in the listing that I expect the PayPal fee to be split between me and the buyer, which I believe is fair (we both pay for the convenience).
If a buyer ain't happy about it, they can always send me a check, and simply have to wait until a week after it's cleared for me to ship. But since most people are lazy and impatient, they just cough up that extra 2% most of the time :blahblah2:

Latest posts

Back