where to buy stock dunlop

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmaxx05stud

Reaction score
wanted to buy a new rear 525 to match what i took off since the front is still good shape and cant find any that isnt a white raised letter except thru yamaha @$250.00. ouch, not paying that much if i can help it. thanks.

The guy I just bought my bike from said the raised whites were no longer in production. I'm not sure this is true, but he said he had heard they were going out of production so he bought an extra one (whenever...) and gave it to me with the bike.

It's still in the wrapper....
:angry flame devil: I'll sell it to you for $249.99. Just kidding. (lol)

I'm going to hold onto it and use it. Good luck in your search.....J

What's the right link to University motors?
Google brings up a bunch of car dealers.
I need to start looking for a front tire also.
My 06 came with Bridgestone Excedra's.

I've had 2 '85's - both bought new. One came with the 525 Dunlop Qualifers with raised white lettering, the other bike came with the Bridgestone Exedra's - also with raised white lettering. I guess I've never seen that tread pattern with raised black lettering before.

I just replaced my rear (again!) with another Dunlop 525 with raised white lettering for $150.00 mounted and spin balanced. I carried the wheel in.

I hope they don't stop making the Dunlop with raised whites.

jfeagins,
Which did you like better the Dunlops or the Bridgestones? What was the milage compared on each?
My Exedra's on my 06 are raised black lettering.
I'm still not sure if the dealer swapped them out for the Dunlops. The 07's came with black lettered Donlops. At least the two I've seen are that way.

Have you guys tried the metzler me880 yet?
Little harder than the dunlop, but i get probably 3,000 more miles out of them.
I buy them for $127.00 plus shipping from www.RonAyers.com
And that's going with the 170.
I never priced out university motors for tires, but this place is hard to beat for the price.

how long did it take to get your tire bill? i ended up getting the raised white letter so ill have to find away to peel the white off. the only place that i found the black raised letter is thru yahama for around $260.00. the 07's came w/ the same 525's as my 05'. still wondering why it said $10.00 for shipping then went to $14.00 when it billed me?:ummm:

how long did it take to get your tire bill? i ended up getting the raised white letter so ill have to find away to peel the white off. the only place that i found the black raised letter is thru yahama for around $260.00. the 07's came w/ the same 525's as my 05'. still wondering why it said $10.00 for shipping then went to $14.00 when it billed me?:ummm:

I usually get my order from them within 4-5 buisness days...

It used to be $8.00 for shipping anywhere in the u.s.
I see that it say's $10.00 now, but why did they charge you $14.00?
I know it's only $4.00 more, but i would call to see why.

Did you price u.m.?
just wondering if their prices are better with the discount we get?

Also, what if you took some really fine sandpaper to the white lettering?
I bet that wouldn't take much to sand the white off. It's just painted on right?
Just a thought...:hmmm:

I'm in the hunt for new rubber too and it would seem that the RWL is pretty popular with the shops around here. Is it too cheesy to suggest that we simply paint them black??

I'm in the hunt for new rubber too and it would seem that the RWL is pretty popular with the shops around here. Is it too cheesy to suggest that we simply paint them black??
well heres the story, orderd my k525 and got it in a week and thought i could just maybe scrape the white off. WRONG it doesnt come off as its white alll the way thru the riased letters. so i used a permant black magic marker to color over them. so we'll see how it holds up. it was a great price though so its worth it if this works.

I painted my raised white letters yellow, looks pretty good on an all flat black bike. Just an idea, look at some nascar tires.

I might just have to try out the NASCAR yellow thing too. Just got the Dunlops on Saturday. I can't believe how much better the bike feels now. :biglaugh:

you know i actually think the stock dunlops hooked up better then 880's i had on my 01' vmax. as you see if the video it pushed the front tire at first. just my opinion.

Hey Drew, what did you use to color your letters? Tried a yellow high-lighter but the ink wouldn't stick. :bang head:

LOL!!!

Old thread, but still a good question. Where's the best place to get the stock Dunlop K525 RWL Qualifiers? The cheapest rear I'm found so far is RonAyers, $149 + shipping. I'm in the market for a set, front and rear!

Back