Whistling sound during acceleration

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does the Max have straight cut gears between the crankshaft and the clutch? That could whine a bit, mine does it too - never paid much attention to it, as if it was going to fail, it sure would have by now!
And this is exactly why we have our v-maxes doing so. Straight cut gears with
lot of clearance on the clutch basket - viola!

Perfectly normal if its a "whirring" noise.

Lots of straight or almost straight cut gears in these bikes plus chain drive cams.

If you can hear it count yourself lucky. Usually can't be heard over all the other noises coming out of these engines.

A windshield installed will reflect those noise back. First time installed one I about freaked from the weird noises I was hearing. (I realize you do nothave one just saying)

I'm thinking it's a gearbox whine the more I listen to it. I thought it may be the water pump whirring away and maybe on the way to destruction, but no coolant leaks or anything. I put about 1000 miles on it already like this, and I was thinking if it was gonna blow it would have by now. Lots of full throttle blasts don't seem to affect it. I'll just ride the crap out of it!

Between the K&N's and the Kerker on my bike I can't hear a darned thing except police sirens fading away behind me. I like it that way :rofl_200:

Chris.

Back