who bought their vmax new?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my 06 New in July of 06.
Never had a problem with it other than minor maintenance stuff .
Already got over 25,000 miles on it.

I think if you are buying one to keep forever, then new is the way to go. If your the type to buy a different ride every so many years, buying new would be a waste of some money. Because your never going to get your money back out of it.
But for me I knew when I bought this Max it is going to be mine forever. So for me it was worth the investment of buying new.

I think buying new is a waste of of time and funds. You can get the same for a MUCH reduced price if you're just happy to go for a 6-12 months old model. On top of that, any and all teething problems will have surfaced by then and will have been ironed out.

Up here Vmax's are rare, I've contacted pretty much all of the "Alaskan" owners on various lists, with the exception of 2 the rest either live in the lower 49 or keep thier bikes in the states.

I chose to buy new sinply cause I know the owners of the dealership, Shipping a bike up here isn't cheap, too costly to fly down and look at the bike first and the risk of buying someone elses problem didn't set too well on me.

After paying over 3 times as much for my chopper and 4 times as much for the thunderbird, $9k was a great deal on an '07 in '07.

If I had it to do over, I wouldn't have changed a thing.

Bought my 06 in 07 used with 1897kms on it for $8000 cdn. Bike was bone stock when I got it. Didn't take long to change that though :punk:

Mike

Buying new or used is a personal preference thing IMO.

I bought a couple new bikes, an XS 750 triple in '77 and an XJ700X in '85, and I've bought several used bikes, and never had problems with any of them other than regular maintenance stuff.

There are several tells that give you clues to the condition of a used bike. If you know what they are, and pay attention to them (no matter how bad you want that bike) you'll be fine. Just don't be afraid to walk away, there'll always be another one, just down the road.

On the other hand that "new bike smell" is pretty cool too. Watching each mile clock up, keeping an eye on everything, first ass on the seat, lots to be said for those things also.

At the end of the day there's no 'best way to buy', it's just what you yourself are comfortable with.

First new bike ever was a 1981 xr 80. Second new bike a couple year later is my soon to be 2009 Vamx. Eveything in between was second hand or more.

What dont you understand about this thread? Who givs a shit that you bought your VMAX 6 yrs ago and its an 85.

Another thread cluster F'D

Change this thread name to

"When did you buy your VMAX"

Swore off new cars a long time ago, but never had a new scoot. Got my '07 in November of '07. It had 1 mile on it when I picked it up. Dealer said I could bring it back in less than an hour if it had fewer than 50 miles on it for a full refund. I'd been riding a 650 V-Star Classic, and I damned near did take the Max back--scared hell out of me. Now I have almost 12,000 miles. Probably never buy another--unless I hit the lottery. Then I'd have a garage full of all kinds of stuff, starting with an '09 Max. But I love the one I have. Going to sink future funds into improvements on mine, not a different one.

Never bought any bike new and only 1 new car back in 92. Too big a hit on depreciation.

Sean

I bought my first 85 new in March 1985. I bought my second 85 new in October 1987. ($4,500 and still riding it)

The trick to buying new, I agree, is planning on owning it a very long time in order to make it pay off. I think I've gotten my money's worth and then some.

I think if you buy a bike with the sole intent on making a good trade in, then you may as well buy a stealership and go into business. It seems it would take a lot of fun out of riding it if you were constantly thinking about it's value come trade time. ?? But, to each, his own.

What dont you understand about this thread? Who givs a shit that you bought your VMAX 6 yrs ago and its an 85.

Another thread cluster F'D

Change this thread name to

"When did you buy your VMAX"

lankee is that all you have time to do is belittle people besides what your name represents (yankee) you should be called rubbing one off:damn angry:

Got mine new in 04'. If I would have researched a little more and maybe met some of the local riders I probably would have bought a used one, more money left over for mods. Oh well, hindsight 20/20 thing. It's mine now though!

Got mine new in 04'. If I would have researched a little more and maybe met some of the local riders I probably would have bought a used one, more money left over for mods. Oh well, hindsight 20/20 thing. It's mine now though!

my thoughts exactly...no regrets...love my max!:punk:

I bought my '06 new in November '05. It now has 12,000 miles. I would buy new all over again. Don't like buying other people's headaches.

Closest I have bought to new was an 05 in 06 that had already tried out for the olympic gymnastics team in the vault event (with less then 5xxx miles on it). Fixed it up and been beating on it since.

Sean

Got mine new in April 2002,last year for the carbon fiber model.It was $10,800.Six & a half years later I have close to 65,000mi.Just about 10,000 a year in sunny SoCal.:hippy biker: Just ride the snot out of it & (INJOY)
YOU LUCKY BASTARD !:punk:

[ quote ] I think if you buy a bike with the sole intent on making a good trade in, then you may as well buy a stealership and go into business. It seems it would take a lot of fun out of riding it if you were constantly thinking about it's value come trade time. ?? But, to each, his own........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
jfeagins, I ARGEE TOTALY ! I'VE BEEN AN AUTO MECHANIC MY WHOLE LIFE & HAVE NEVER HAD A NEW CAR . DOES'NT MAKE SENCE FOR ME TO BUY A NEW CAR ! BUT 95% OF ALL MY DIRT BIKES , QUADS & STREET BIKES HAVE BEEN BRANDNEW ! " 2006 V-MAX " BOUGHT IT IN 3/07 , WITH 7 - 10THS OF A MILE ON IT , FIGURES THE CARBS HAD TO BE GUMMED UP FROM SITTING WITH FUEL IN IT ! BUT COMPAIRED TO MY MORTGAGE & ALL MY OTHER BILLS , ON MY SCALE , WITH THE CURVE FIGURED IN , MY V-MAX IS ALMOST FREE ! :rofl_200: ,

Latest posts

Back