Who works on V-Maxs in QC area?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YGETV8

Reaction score
I know, I know, I should work on my own, but I'm not too keen on bike inner-workings and my new job nets me one, MAYBE two days off a month. Also have a car project in the garage and one in the driveway waiting in line! Any info on a trustworthy and reasonable bike mechanic in the QC area would be appreciated... otherwise my bike may go unridden this year! :bang head: Thanks, Jay

I know, I know, I should work on my own, but I'm not too keen on bike inner-workings and my new job nets me one, MAYBE two days off a month. Also have a car project in the garage and one in the driveway waiting in line! Any info on a trustworthy and reasonable bike mechanic in the QC area would be appreciated... otherwise my bike may go unridden this year! :bang head: Thanks, Jay

What? What's wrong with it?

Hobart's is who I'd call. He's good at V4's and I believe he had a vmax of his own once...:confused2:

I can fix it.... my dad's a TV repair man.... he's got an awesome set of tools!

Like 4gasem said, what needs to be done?

Last edited:
Well, definitely needs a good tune up, oil change, carb cleaning and I'm about 99% sure it needs all new carb/manifold boots. They look pretty cracked and it really started to run like CRAP out of the blue at the end of the season last year. Might need new rear brakes, and if the price is right, I'd pay to have the front lowered, too! Thanks for the replies.

Well, definitely needs a good tune up, oil change, carb cleaning and I'm about 99% sure it needs all new carb/manifold boots. They look pretty cracked and it really started to run like CRAP out of the blue at the end of the season last year. Might need new rear brakes, and if the price is right, I'd pay to have the front lowered, too! Thanks for the replies.

So far pretty much everything you described is in the sticky's and isn't high on the difficulty scale.

I have faith in ya. just go slow and if any questions pop up, just type em out and chances are they will get an answer pretty quick.

:banana:

If you can get it to Washington, I'm sure we can get you taken care of. Chris (4gasem) has lowered his front end and should be able to walk you through that and could give you an accurate cost. Or if you want the cheap really easy way, we can just lower the fork tubes in the triples and inch or so. As long as you pay for the parts, I work for beer. I'm by no means an expert, but like KJ said everything you just mentioned is pretty easy to do. I'm pretty sure I could load up most of my tools and head to the QC and I think we could get most of that taken care of in a day.
Let us know and I'm sure we can arrange a day to get this done.
Jeff

If you can get it to Washington, I'm sure we can get you taken care of. Chris (4gasem) has lowered his front end and should be able to walk you through that and could give you an accurate cost. Or if you want the cheap really easy way, we can just lower the fork tubes in the triples and inch or so. As long as you pay for the parts, I work for beer. I'm by no means an expert, but like KJ said everything you just mentioned is pretty easy to do. I'm pretty sure I could load up most of my tools and head to the QC and I think we could get most of that taken care of in a day.
Let us know and I'm sure we can arrange a day to get this done.
Jeff

I told him I would help him do it... I have a seal driver that I am pretty sure works on 43 and 41mm forks and I have lowered a Vmax with the Progressive kit. I have had carbs out so the intake runners are just one step further and I have a sync tool. I have shot the shotgun on the carbs... So basically it sounds like a Saturday's job... He lives here so I think coming here makes more sense than going there but that's up to him. Of course Hobarts can hook you up with all that.

That is awesome for you guys to offer, but my time is REALLY at a premium to try to do it myself. Jut too much going on and I really get barely any time off work!

That is awesome for you guys to offer, but my time is REALLY at a premium to try to do it myself. Jut too much going on and I really get barely any time off work!

Are you saying you don't have time for us to come over to your house and work on it?

I wouldn't wish that on ANYBODY! LOL No, actually, I'd have no room! I've got one option that I'm looking at locally, and am still considering your generous offer, but I'd bring it to you. That way you could work on it at your leisure and have access to all your tools, gas and transportation would be on my dime not yours, etc.

Thanks, Jay

I could work on it over at Chris'.... I'm pretty much the best motorcycle mechanic that I know of.... i

t's not like I work on motorcycles and their tires fall off...... Doh!!!!!

Just thought I'd thank everybody again for their offers, but NOTHING is going right on one of my car projects, and that kept me procrastinating on the bike work. Well, with Sturgis On the River looming just a couple of weeks away, yesterday took my Max to Two Wheel Performance in Davenport for a basic service/tune up. Picked it up today and it runs MUCH better. Got a few parts on order (carb boots and such) and they'll be installing them when they come in. Nice guys and overall pleased so far.

Thanks again! Jay

Just thought I'd thank everybody again for their offers, but NOTHING is going right on one of my car projects, and that kept me procrastinating on the bike work. Well, with Sturgis On the River looming just a couple of weeks away, yesterday took my Max to Two Wheel Performance in Davenport for a basic service/tune up. Picked it up today and it runs MUCH better. Got a few parts on order (carb boots and such) and they'll be installing them when they come in. Nice guys and overall pleased so far.

Thanks again! Jay

Patrick's a good guy... His dad's a KNOB but Pat seems decent.

Back