Who's parting out a max!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billydroveit

Reaction score
I need a fork brace for a 93, mine has a crack. Bike is being sold, so i need a replacement ASAP. ANYONE!!

Sorry, don't have one. You can buy an aftermarket brace for around $100 I think.

Sean

I am installing my aftermarket one as soon as I get my painted pieces..

if you're still looking, as soon as I swap mine out I could send you one for the cost of the shipping?

I need a fork brace for a 93, mine has a crack. Bike is being sold, so i need a replacement ASAP. ANYONE!!

Get it welded, have them (or yourself) grind the weld, use some 180 grit then 120 (both wet) then sand it out. Get a body shop to buff it out for you. You're probably looking at maybe $25.00 and an hour-hour and 1/2 labor. It's all a lot easier done than said.

Good luck! :coolgleamA:

I am installing my aftermarket one as soon as I get my painted pieces..

if you're still looking, as soon as I swap mine out I could send you one for the cost of the shipping?

The other brace didn't work out...lol That's my luck!

How long till you get your painted parts. I have to have this bike done by next weekend. Man i'd hate to have to buy and aftermarket one! WHat year is it off of?

On that note, who makes the best? And has the best deal?

Get it welded, have them (or yourself) grind the weld, use some 180 grit then 120 (both wet) then sand it out. Get a body shop to buff it out for you. You're probably looking at maybe $25.00 and an hour-hour and 1/2 labor. It's all a lot easier done than said.

Good luck! :coolgleamA:

Problem with that is it has not cracked all the way through. I had thought about getting it welded, but there's an issue with that as well. The fronts on these bikes already have a head shake issue when put togethor right. If i have the brace welded and it's off in any way shape or form the shake will be sure to intensify. I can already see with a straight edge that just the minor hair line crack it has in it has made an uneven mating surface for the fork to seat on to. Seeing how vital this peice is to the handling of the bike i don't want to take any chances.

Latest posts

Back