Will the 2nd Gen throttlebodies fit?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biker Dash

Reaction score
Ok, I looked on the Neilsen's parts fiche, and it appears that he throttle bodies on the 2nd Gen Max are set up similarly to the carbs on the 1st gen bikes.

Makes me wonder if it would be possible to adapt them to the 1st Gen bike?

Waiting with baited breathe on this answer!!

Good question....not getting hopes up though......that would be too easy if they did.....just imagine.......:banana:

Don't know for sure BUT I doubt that even if they would fit that They would work since they were designed to feed a much bigger motor. I know that when I had the EFI. On my gen I , Bill offered two different size throttle bodies, one for stock motors and one for 1428 and up motors .

Gen 1 & Gen II Vmax motors are two completly different critters. I'd be shocked if the throttle body would come close to fitting. You'd have more $$ in the necessary adapter than it would be worth, even if you could manage to find the space for both to bolt on.

Waiting with baited breathe on this answer!!

Good question....not getting hopes up though......that would be too easy if they did.....just imagine.......:banana:

Might I suggest a tooth brush annointed with an appropriate amount of your favorite toothpaste? Guaranteed to fix baited breathe, and also helps control tarter buildup! :biglaugh:

What-about the guy who was doing the carb/throttle body conversion, complete w/a stand-alone operating system?

I wonder how easy it would be to run something like a 2 bbl tbi off an older s10 or something like that. That seems like it would be a decent idea?

The throttle bodies on the Gen 2 are ginormous......48 MM. :wacko:

Yep, even if they fit you'd have zero bottom end and midrange. Way too large.

I do have a fuel injection kit from Wild Brothers as well as a kit from Roadster Cycles. I even have the kit that "BirdoPrey" started a couple of years ago. Hopefully we'll get a chance to do something with them at some point.

Sean

The throttle bodies on the Gen 2 are ginormous......48 MM. :wacko:

Yep, even if they fit you'd have zero bottom end and midrange. Way too large.

I do have a fuel injection kit from Wild Brothers as well as a kit from Roadster Cycles. I even have the kit that "BirdoPrey" started a couple of years ago. Hopefully we'll get a chance to do something with them at some point.

Sean

Thank you for the answers.
Sean, I would be interested on specs, technical details, ect, on these setups you have.

The wild brothers kit is the big throttle body version (currently setup for a chain drive chassis).
The roadster cycle is the kit that is sold on their website.
The other is a completely custom kit that is currently in Florida with BLVDBlaster.

The wild brothers kit is the big throttle body version (currently setup for a chain drive chassis).
The roadster cycle is the kit that is sold on their website.
The other is a completely custom kit that is currently in Florida with BLVDBlaster.

How is an EFI system set up for chain drive ? its set up for bigger bore maybe but how does that make it set for chain drive?:confused2:

Might I suggest a tooth brush annointed with an appropriate amount of your favorite toothpaste? Guaranteed to fix baited breathe, and also helps control tarter buildup! :biglaugh:

Man, you have a couple beers with some people and this is attitude you get.............:biglaugh:

Man, you have a couple beers with some people and this is attitude you get.............:biglaugh:

You must have me mixed up with some guy named "Jeff" - I never drink beer. :biglaugh: But, yeah, I gots plenty of attitude. :rofl_200:

But please know that I wouldn't joke around with you, if I didn't like ya.

Rick. I should have clarified. The tank that the high pressure pump is already mounted in is notched for a chain drive bike. Ideally the guy that's going to buy this system from me will use it on a 1428 or even 1500 engine or even a big long rod setup like my 1500 we've got laying around here. It is not the self learning system.

It MIGHT even be your old system!

Back