Wire routing 411?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmax1125

Reaction score
I need a little help i am putting my cousins 06' back together after replacing the bent frame and i got to around the rear coil area where all the wires meet and don't know exactly where they run they just seem to be in the wrong place to me. plus there are some single wires with bullet type ends that come from the kick stand safety switch that dont seem to match the colors of the ones in the harness around the coils. does anyone have any good pics of the coil /battery area so i can see the wire route or some good input?
thanks,Chris :bang head:

I am good with that part but that was a good pic i have the wire in front of the battery they need to go behind. i have a few wires i have to figure out yet one or two black wires with eyelets which i guess are grounds and some wide single blade connectors one fron the battery to the starter relay got that but there is a red male left and a black w/ brown stripe female left and they come from the same spot on the harness.
thanks for the thread link!
Chris

I am good with that part but that was a good pic i have the wire in front of the battery they need to go behind. i have a few wires i have to figure out yet one or two black wires with eyelets which i guess are grounds and some wide single blade connectors one fron the battery to the starter relay got that but there is a red male left and a black w/ brown stripe female left and they come from the same spot on the harness.
thanks for the thread link!
Chris

If I'm understanding you right, I think I got some pics that will help.

The two blacks with eyelets may go on the right hand side of the bracket the hooks the faux in place.

I also found a single red with connector and a black (couldn't see a stripe on the black though) that come from the same place in the harness. The are just behind the battery and go down the left side of the bike and connect behind the left side cover.

Hopefully these are the wires you're talking about.

Attachments

• DSC03795.JPG
    DSC03795.JPG
    101.2 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC03796.JPG
    DSC03796.JPG
    124.1 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC03797.JPG
    DSC03797.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC03798.JPG
    DSC03798.JPG
    112.5 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC03799.JPG
    DSC03799.JPG
    98.9 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC03800.JPG
    DSC03800.JPG
    121 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC03801.JPG
    DSC03801.JPG
    104.1 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC03802.JPG
    DSC03802.JPG
    111.2 KB · Views: 14
It pays to take a bunch of pictures before ripping into it. My 88 project was completely stripped down and I really should have taken plenty more pictures.
I did label the connectors with numbers on masking tape but most of them fell off lol and I was pissed at myself for not being more careful but I always knew I could resolve it because I had my 1990 as reference. I would have hit a couple of snags if I didn't have it as reference.
Even routing the harness had me confused a couple of time thinking that I would "remember" how it would go together around the frame only to find a few Alzheimers moments that again I need to look at the other bike.

I just took my engine out and took about 80 pictures and used painters tape on a bunch of wires and connections.
I hope I did enough as my memory in 30-40 days may (probably) will be hazy. :biglaugh:

I think i got everything where it belongs once i got the harness layed out right things only seem to go one place. i did notice that the rear brake switch and one of the switches probably the starter safety switch the wires are not the same color from one side of the bullet connector to the other most other wire are color coded. thanks guys for the pics they helped allot and next time there will be many pics taken i did not have plans on restoring the max but things change!
Chris :worthy:

The nuetral light and oil level light wires aren't color coded correctly which go together on that left side under the color. Other then that most everything else does plug in only in one place.

Sean

Back