Wiring vmax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trimvein

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with deducing a wiring issue on a vmax?

I have no blinkers, rpm gauge won't work, temp gauge won't work and the fuse that controls the entire system keeps blowing out when I replace it and turn on the blinkers.

How do I go about deducing what the problem is? I see the wiring diagrams on some of the posts here, but not so sure where to start.....

Suggestions?

I assume I need a volt tester so I can start finding the problem...but this seems like a lot of work....

I also have some wobbling going on in my steering...seems at random times... like if I stand up and just lightly have my hands on the steering... it gets all shaky like speed wobbling... it seems to be happening more aggressively.... ???

Any helps or suggestions will be greatly appreciated...unless they are just rude:) LOL

Thanks

JT

Sounds to me like a power to ground issue, you have a positive wire in your turn signal circuit shorting directly to ground thus popping your fuse, I'm not trying to be rude but it sounds like your knowlege of electrical and wiring is limited, I would suggest for starters taking a good look at the turn signals them selves for damage/corrosion or bare wires, make sure the bulbs are in good condition and not stuck in the sockets, from there I would follow the signal wires as far as you can and look for any damage or pinched wires, do that and post back up and we can go from there, as for your wobbling issue, if your tires and wheels are in good condition I would think the steering head bearings may need to be adjusted, there is a number of threads dedicated to this explaining how to check/adjust.....................keep us posted!..........................Tom.

1 - Maybe some wires shorting - missing insulation or connectors shorting inside. Corrosion on sockets like the keeper said might be as well. start at one point and follow the wires...

2 - Check steering lock nuts torque

Well thanks for the quick reply... and your not rude or anything but correct... my experience with the vmax wiring is limited but I do know how the circuits are hooked up just not sure about the vmax specific wiring and where to start.....

either way.. i am just trying to save some money.... :) I will get back to you asap....

Thanks

Wow that video was great! I truly appreciate that.. I will take care of that immediately cause now I know for sure I am getting the same wobble....Awesome info!

JT

Latest posts

Back