Won't start, been in storage since Oct. any tips?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4 ounces is enough for a whole tank full. Make sure to ALWAYS store with a full tank as well.

Chris

Once again, You ask 10 people what's the best way to store a bike and you get 9 different opinions.......lol Not talking about just people here on the forum although there are different opinions here as well.

I was told that for where I live and the E10 which I heard was going to E15, it is best to drain the carb bowls keep the tank full with a stabilizer but NOT Seafoam

This guy who makes his money rebuilding carbs for boat motors every spring says he always stores his bikes with the carb bowls drained. I asked about the gaskets drying out and he said that isn't a problem on a newer bike.

Now I'm sure a lot of you will jump all over this advice......lol I'm just someone who doesn't know and has to hope for the best advice.. last fall Seafoam was king.. after this spring and my problems I doubt I will use it again even though I may have just used too much??

If I still have the bike next winter I'm sure I will be confused.

Back