Wrecked the Vmax!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been wondering about those for a while. (the radiator)
They have updated the listing with more photo's now, and it looks OK in the pics.

I'd like to know if the quality is there.

There's a negative feedback from a buyer of this rad, it says:

"The material made from it is very soft. Dented at the pipe joints. "

Also the description says it's made from "High quality ABS plastic from Formosa, good elasticity and heat tolerance, not easily crack and best quality among competitor."

I find this very strange, rads are usually made of metal, right!?

There's a negative feedback from a buyer of this rad, it says:

"The material made from it is very soft. Dented at the pipe joints. "

Also the description says it's made from "High quality ABS plastic from Formosa, good elasticity and heat tolerance, not easily crack and best quality among competitor."

I find this very strange, rads are usually made of metal, right!?

I'm not for a second going to argue against negative feedback, because it's negative! But...

That buyer was in July. They might have changed it since then, because the radiator currently listed is now $10 cheaper, and the history lists 3 sold, all of them after July. Doesn't prove anything at all, but I'm interested enough to contact the last 2 people and ask them if it was any good. I'll let you know what they say.

Plastic tanks is pretty common. Can't remember for sure, but I think the vmax has plastic tanks.
It does have a plastic thermostat cover, and that plastic elbow from the water pump.

No good, can't do it!
Also can't find any feedback from buyers names (i***o, o***o), or any with the same number of *'s against their name.
Looks like they didn't leave feedback.
Spewing.

I also need to replace my radiator, I found this from china in EBAY, for 185 US$ seem too cheap...what do you think?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-1985-200...item3a6819db72
With everything the rule of thumb is you get what you pay for... I have never been a fan of the Chinese parts. I was in a jam with my sons CRF50 and needed a front end. There was an exact clone on eBay made in China and it was 35 bucks plus shipping. I thought dang!! thats a lot less then 300 for a complete oem front end, so I bought it. Who would have thought it would happen but than damned this bent during the install!!! Anyway just my thoughts. Plastic radiators are common enough but remember the thumb...

Glad you are ok!

Please dont scrap the bike at a junk yard. I regularly go to the scrap metal yards here in Texas and buy the bikes people sell for scrap and take them home to fix them and believe it or not one of my favorite beater bikes came from the dump, cost me 22.50 and all that was wrong with it was there were mud dobbers nesting in the exhaust pipe. Never under estimate the power of the humble bee.

If you do decide to part it out I will buy the seat, wind screen & mount. Not trying to be a vulture but if you do think of the ol a113ycat

Plastic end tanks on radiators are almost the rule these days, at least on cars, don't know about bikes.

The original Gen 1 radiator end tanks are all metal on my '99.

Don't have an opinion on it being Chinese, for the price I might risk it. The make a lot of junk but they also make some quality stuff, especially in the industrial arena.

The Koreans are making top notch industrial equipment these days, Hyosung and Daewoo are two that come to mind. Then again Hyosung Motorcycles are pretty much crap like Japanese bikes were back in the 60's

If you do decide to part it out I will buy the seat, wind screen & mount. Not trying to be a vulture but if you do think of the ol a113ycat

Hey I am not trying to be a vulture but but but but.... will you sell the whole bike? :rofl_200:
G

Back