Wrecked the Vmax!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trimvein

Reaction score
Hello all,

Anyone have a good connection for a radiator for my 1997 Vmax?

I wrecked it last night and rear ended a car... maybe totalled the car but the beastly Vmax seems to be repairable.

However, I am going to get a quote to see what kind of damage actually happened.

So I am in need of some items if anyone can help...

1- Radiator + all hoses and attachments...
1 - Right Blinker assembly
1 - Right muffler *small damage but may want to replace

here is a pic if anyone can see more damage.

Thanks,
JT

Attachments

• vmax_frontenddamage.jpg
    vmax_frontenddamage.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 242
ohno-oh-no-wow-smiley-emoticon-000448-large.gif

I hope all involved are OK. with that said, +1 for the Mighty Max

Also I just took off my stock blinkers, I can sell you them for whatever the FMV is. Goto ebay and find the cheapest, tell me, and we can work out a deal that's less than that

Looks like the rear brake pedal is twisted out of shape and I would be worried about the waterpump elbow being damaged. Can't really tell in the pictures but it appears you had a highway peg attached to the frame that bent back that way and could have cracked it.

I've got a couple of good radiators (price varies a little bit). One is from a very low mileage (1144) 2002 so it's in great condition. The others will be average condition like yours. I can't get just one muffler I don't think though we do sell the supertrapps.

A new radiator without any of the covers, inner screen, or any misc is $1300!!

Sean
[email protected]

I've got a couple of good radiators (price varies a little bit). One is from a very low mileage (1144) 2002 so it's in great condition. The others will be average condition like yours. I can't get just one muffler I don't think though we do sell the supertrapps.

A new radiator without any of the covers, inner screen, or any misc is $1300!!

Sean
[email protected]

This is propably the most expensive radiator made by yamaha.
Mine is welded cuz i couldnt find any afordable unit :confused2:

This is propably the most expensive radiator made by yamaha.
Mine is welded cuz i couldnt find any afordable unit :confused2:

+1 I was floored by the price of a new one too!! :surprise:

Sorry to hear about youe wreck but if you don't have an insurance claim you probly won't want new!!

i'd be worred about the neck/forks with how much carnage i see.

eBay is your friend. Radiators show up regularly along with most parts needed to rebuild.

There are several radiators on ebay from $90 - $250. I am sure they are not as nice as Seans but if your strapped for cash it may get you back riding for the rest of summer.

Glad your ok and hat she wasn't damaged to bad. Good luck :punk::punk:

Hi do you know of any wrecking yards that purchase bikes? In southern california preferably, but I figured you would know more than I have any clue about.

The Vmax is totalled and/or I don't have the money to repair the bike....:(

Thanks
Jace

Send me info. I may or may not be interested depending on price, condition, and your willingness to maybe get it on a pallet and drop it off at a shipping dock.

[email protected]

Hi do you know of any wrecking yards that purchase bikes? In southern california preferably, but I figured you would know more than I have any clue about.

The Vmax is totalled and/or I don't have the money to repair the bike....:(

Thanks
Jace
I might be interested to depending on price. I have a driveer that is in Cali often. send me a pm or email at [email protected]

man don't junkyard it--what a wasteful ending. dismantle and part it out. if not, get to sean or kyle and give the max's life some meaning. don't let it turn into a bucket of rusty bolts. from the pix, there are lot of goodies left.

Latest posts

Back