• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: Venture 1300 motor

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First, make sure the knock is really a serious engine issue. Stock exhaust tube can sound like hell when it comes loose inside the double wall. The 1300 is a great way to roll, after vmax heads and a few other parts are switched over.
I'd also make sure the cam chains aren't slopping around, making a racket. I'd check oil pressure
and oil for contamination, before condemning your 97. Not that they can't go, but vmax engines are
fairly bullet proof. How many miles on your 97?

35000 miles, full kerker exhuast system. Is there a way to udjust cam change..is a dull knock at idle near the rear somewhere

35000 miles, full kerker exhuast system. Is there a way to udjust cam change..is a dull knock at idle near the rear somewhere

There is adjustment for valve clearance, if that's what you mean. The first recommended check is around 24k somewhere. I wouldn't think that contributes to abnormal noise. At 35k I'd check, if it wasn't done yet. These motors can be a little noisy and still run well.

For sure check the simpler stuff. I have various options available but i'm not going to be your cheapest route (though I stand behind everything I sell!).

Sean

Ok...after the advise of my brother..a race car tech..and simple probing..the conclusion was no spun bearing...so I balanced the carb ( which were off) and found something loose in the Kerker cans. We see more today provided it doesn't rain. I'll post more after my findings.

Back