Yamaha FZ-09

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too bad they probably won't bring it to the states.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Nice lookin machine. Too bad about it being as tall as it is. The V-max is right at the height I can do. Most new sportbikes or nekkid sportbikes are too tall for me.

At least we are getting some variety. This along with the Honda 500's and 700's is good for the sport in my opinion. May get new riders into riding that couldn't afford the new sport bikes and their insurance costs. As I get older, I appreciate the lighter bikes, just wish they were a little closer to the ground with my 30" inseam... :biglaugh:

Strangely Similar to my FZ8. I'll have to test ride one if it ever makes the states.:ummm:

I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is coming to the states and in red.........:in love:

This maybe my 1st new bike in a VERY long time.

I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is coming to the states and in red.........:in love:

This maybe my 1st new bike in a VERY long time.

Sweet. I'd rather spend for this than a street triple. Virtually the same bike but way easier to find dealer support.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

and not very expensive either..I love my FZ1 wonder when they are going to redo it? It is sporting the Vmax scoops also no wonder we all like it..lol

I noticed it said the "outgoing" FZ8...so that's getting replaced by the new 09?

This is a very cool bike, I dig the style and the value for money seems outstanding. At $8k it seriously undercuts its competitors on price. I'll be very interested to try one when they hit the streets.

The Z1000 has crept up to $11k, the speed triple is almost $13k, and the CB1000R is pushing $12k.

Unfortunately you can tell just from the pictures it comes with Yamaha's cheesy limp-dick turn signals they're putting on everything now.

Just caught the news of this yesterday.
I think I actually like it and seems good value. I want one to play with!
14_Yamaha_FZ-09_3.jpg

Last edited:
Looks sexy as hell. Loooooove those blue wheels.

Developing 113bhp and 63lb-ft of torque

All out of 414lbs wet. That's a serious hp/weight ratio, I bet that thing is an absolute fucking rocket if you can manage to keep the front end down.

I saw that Honda was also bring out a CB1000. Looks like a 1980s street bike. Who would want a '80s street bike... oh wait, I'm driving a '84 street bike that happened to be made in '97

Odd- I just searched for the new CB1000 and found only the CB 1000 R which dosn't look anything like a '80s street bike. Maybe its a model to come next year. Maybe I was drinking

Wait- I found it. Its a CB1100 not 1000

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-06-16 at 3.50.33 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-06-16 at 3.50.33 PM.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 11

Latest posts

Back