Yamaha hybrid bike for 2010

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jayhawk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Link

Now it appears certain the bike will become a showroom model in 2010. A series of patent applications detail the new motorcycle which uses the YZF-R6 600cc engine to turn a generator which in turn powers the rear wheel. History shows that every Yamaha styling patent published over the last 20 years has resulted in a full production machine, so there's little doubt this one is also heading for a showroom near you in the very near future. You can expect to see it in the flesh for the first time at the Tokyo Motor Show later this year.

yamaha-hybrid-motorcycle-for-production.jpg

too bad its so damn ugly

like the looks of this one way better:

Attachments

• 11690_140509121624_1[1].jpg
    11690_140509121624_1[1].jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 43
Does anyone other than me think that Yamaha is missing the boat on their new bikes? I'm not talking about the Gen2, although I really think it should have come out and undisputedly wiped everything else away....

But for example, this new hibrid bike. It looks like a set of motorcycle hard trunk/baggage with wheels... maybe like a rolling suitcase?

Then you look at Honda concepts and V4 stuff like the VFR and it seems to me that many makers besides Yamaha are cranking out better looking and very high performing designs.

Why doesn't Yamaha build a 200+ hp v4 and put it in an R1 or FZ1 frame?

Latest posts

Back