Your coolant of choice?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gen.1 & gen.2 in the garage. Congrats man!:clapping: Any mods to the gen.1?

Gen.1 & gen.2 in the garage. Congrats man!:clapping: Any mods to the gen.1?

Yeah, I'm liking it.

Only mod on the Gen 1 is the Kerker 4-1, and a "jet kit". Haven't figured out which one, yet. It's only got 4,000 miles (eight years old), and I"m still trying to get the gremlins out of the carbs. (Come on, Seafoam.) It does have an OEM sissy bar, which is nice.

Ordered a set of ME880's to replace the stock rubber. Hope to get them installed next week when they arrive. Just going about changing out fluids...maybe the battery, too.

I'm running Hyper-Lube & soft water. Works great here in west central FL, but I wouldn't recommend it to anybody north of here - no freeze protection at all.

I used to be picky, but now I just use Prestone in all my vehicles. I've ran it in my goldwing, and venture. that were stored outside in the -60f temps of winter with no issues.

up here the temp gets to about 90 in the summer, and I haven't any isses with temp and the Vmax. As far as the cold of winter, I cleared out a special place in the garage so it dosn't have to get cold :biglaugh:

Any brand name, decent quality anti-freeze works fine, Prestone, Peak, Zerex....any of them.

Just change it often, I change annually.

i used to run any of the auto zone brands-till i got the clear covers! now i run the toyota red cause it matches the barnett clutch plate closest.
335.jpg

later odieoh24

Im also running engine ice. Engine temps for mine here in FL are never past the screw on the temp gauge.

Latest posts

Back