YSS Suspension products as seen in 'Motorcycle Classics' May/June 2011

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
"Motorcycle Classics" has an article in the May/June issue, "11 Upgrades for your Classic Bike." One of them is for the YSS PD Fork Valves. Here's the data for your '93-'98:

Model YSS PD Fork Valve # Oil Oil level Outer dia.
Yamaha VMax 93-98 model #360 20W SAE 160mm 43C

and

Model YSS PD Fork Valve # Oil Oil level Outer dia.
Yamaha VMax 85-92 model #310 10W SAE 140 mm 40C

Price is $135.

"The new PD Fork Valves give that progressive and controlled feeling of a cartridge fork. Radial computer designed valve housing made of 6061 T6 aluminium for light weight. 65 Rockwell hardened for long life and appearance. Damping adjustable and tuneable to any application. Easy to install. Extremely cost effective. Can be used for On- and Off-Road, Racing and Touring. Fully tested and proven. To suit all brands of motorcycles with conventional forks."

They also offer other suspension products, such as shocks, fork springs, and rechroming of fork tubes, as well as other services/products. From the prices, probably not a good quality as other stuff, but pick & choose according to your $ and needs.

Re-Valving Forks

per Pair

CALL FOR PRICE

Re-Valving Rear Shock

Mono

CALL FOR PRICE

Fork Servicing

Upside Down

CALL FOR PRICE

Fork Servicing

Conventional

CALL FOR PRICE

Re-Chroming

?

CALL FOR PRICE

Fork Leg Replacement

each from

CALL FOR PRICE

To order call 732-786-9777
Toll free 877-786-6543 ? Fax 732-786-9777
Y.S.S. USA
77 Pension Rd., Suite 16, Manalapan, NJ 07726
Mailing: P.O. Box 40, Tennent, NJ 07763

I do not know if others have mentioned these products, I did not search for the co. name in the website, but check for yourself, maybe an alternative to more-expensive items for the bucks-down rider.

Yeah, a bit cheaper than Race Tech, but I think the Race Tech site has more tech data to help make the choice of suspension components. Still, an alternative! It would be interesting to have a back-to-back comparison for Pro. Susp, these guys, & Works Perf. fo ex.

Race-Tech will do all the same and has history to back up their claims. I'm not saying this YSS isn't a good company, but I like to see some positive reviews before pulling the trigger on things. Unfortunately I learned this the hard way in 2007 with THIS bike. I now go with what people recommend in most cases. Served me pretty well the last 4 years.

Chris

Back