Zl1000 Eliminator Vs V65 Vs Vmax Gen 1

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, and what is marketing, but the ad department giving you the 'push' to buy the product, whether it's laundry detergent, clothes, or a motorcycle? Males buy something to clean their clothes; something to keep them warm or cool, within work and/or social requirements, but when it comes to motorcycles, new, from the dealer's floor, well, they want performance, style, and reliability. Of-course, 'performance' can mean different things to different people. To the Harley rider, it's not about quarter-mile times as it is about quality of finish, appearance, and inclusion into a social structure which arguably is as-strong as any brand recognition on the planet.

For purchasers of power cruisers, some people want v-twins, some inline-4's, and we want the historically-dominant V-4. After-all Yamaha has built the V-Max (Gen 1) for more years than Ford did the Model T, the car generally-hailed as one of the greatest transportation successes of all-time. Talk about success in marketing! The Madura is "New Coke" and the VMax is still in production.

The Eliminator was a really nice effort by Kawasaki. But, seeing and riding both, I will say that Yamaha screwed together a better engineered machine. Forget the styling and performance for a minute. The actual design and execution, as much as anything, was responsible for the VMax's success.

For that matter, from a styling perspective, to my eye, the Eliminator is no-nonsense bad-ass. Pure energy. A scooter distilled down to the lowest common denominator.

It's been mentioned once or twice in the mainstream press that the VMax "persona" was a bit contrived. Maybe so, but it struck a nerve.

I really didn't mean To offend anyone, I actually do like The Kwakas. My point was That These bikes are all So close That MOST of theTime, It Would Come down the The rider at that moment more Than which one of those 3 or 4 bikes you were On.
Two other points.
I you back off The Throtte at 50 Then you would loose every Tiime. you Would aIso get a Worse Ticket for racing Than you get For speeding.

P.S, The V-max also has a very cool seIf cancelling Turn signal.

I always thought top gear roll ons were crap!

Sure it's a good test of the bikes power at that particular rpm and load, but who the hell does that in the real world.
I downshift and kick their ass

A better test would be roll on from 50 like in the test but whatever gear or gears are best for the bike to get it to the time limit at the highest speed.

I you back off The Throtte at 50 Then you would loose every Tiime. you Would aIso get a Worse Ticket for racing Than you get For speeding.

Not if the race is light to light. I'm talking city streets. By 50/60 mph, race is over for me. I've either won or lost and get to keep my license. Track is a different story:punk: Your right on the money about the ticket for racing. A few years ago a guy died in a street race here, He lost control on his own, and they wanted to bring the other racer up on charges for the guys death.

Stop light to stop light is fun for messing around. I think I ve said that before. But real racing on the street is just as balls out as it is on the track.

Whats a race??? I am not sure if I have ever raced someone to 50 mph. Usually 80-90 mph is a good speed. But again, on a side street , in an industrial park, side of the highway? Guess it really depends on where your at and what you are comfortable with.

Todd

Stop light to stop light is fun for messing around. I think I ve said that before. But real racing on the street is just as balls out as it is on the track.

Whats a race??? I am not sure if I have ever raced someone to 50 mph. Usually 80-90 mph is a good speed. But again, on a side street , in an industrial park, side of the highway? Guess it really depends on where your at and what you are comfortable with.

Todd

Guess I worded it wrong. Any race i'm in, is always balls to the wall, weather it's light to light or track. When I'm city streets, racing light to light, I run through 1st and second, hit third and then back out of it. Actually not exactly sure on the MPH but that's where I got the 50/60 mph. Is that a race? For me the point is proven by that point. Generally the speed limits are 45 mph. I can't afford to hit 80 or 90 in a 45. I'm a super trucker like mike, so I have to have self control. personally, I'm all about the bottom end torque and power. That's why i'm so attracted to the Vmax and eliminator. I completely get the other side of the coin. At the point I'm backing out of it, your still in 1st gear, just getting wound up with your Busa.. I don't have any problem racing 1/8 or 1/4. been there plenty of times too. Just have to take each race as it comes and use your best judgement.

Back