ZMax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CustomMax

Reaction score
Just watching Overhaulin on Velocity channel and a commercial came on for a fuel additive that says it absorbs into the metal components of the engine and it improves gas mileage and extends engine life also removes carbon buildup it shows it works on anything from diesel motors to lawnmowers and anything in between. Anyone see this product or ever use it? It would be great if it works as described but I'd like to hear from someone that knows metallurgy or whatever subject it falls under if it could be true. It's called ZMax.

Hey Ed........That sounds like something Billy Mays would be selling if he were still alive!...............JMHO............Tom.

This is the only additive I use...

X-1R added to both the engine oil and about 1oz to the gear oil. Wow, what a difference! The gearbox is so much smoother, neutral is easier to find, and the bike rolls easier in neutral. I don't believe most of the additive hype, but this X-1R stuff is used by NASA and endorsed by the American Motorcycle Institute.

You can get it here http://www.holeshot.com/

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I believe X-1R is also available at most auto supply stores. Maybe even Wally World...

I have used Zmax in my automobiles many times, but honestly I'm a little afraid to try in in the bike. I'm worried that it might ruin the clutch (like synthetic). I tow a camper in the summer and find Zmax does help with the fuel mileage. Carol Shelby was the spokesman when he was alive.

Hmmm I might have to check this out, definately for the car....dont know about the bike.

I can't find it anywhere in the states except from holeshot...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I think I have some in my storage unit. I will try to remember to look for it next trip. It was a small bottle though. Not near as much as in the picture above. Hope I'm not getting it confused with another product... :doh:

I actually think the Zmax was on TV being hocked by one of those loudmouth pitch-men at some point. Comes in these beaker-shaped bottles, and I think I have seen it at wally world.

I've never seen X-1R in person, even on the internet only a few people seem to retail it. Keep hearing all these good things about it, though I'm still leery about adding magic potions to engine oil, especially with a wet clutch. Anyone who's tried it have issues with this?

The idea behind these engine treatment additives is to create a super-slick motor oil, by adding stuff like paraffins (wax) and teflon in various forms. Some increase the viscosity of the motor oil, which serves to help cover up worn rings or valve seats. Some have agents designed to be absorbed by and swell up seals for the same purpose. From what I've heard, almost all of them are just masking symptoms rather than actually solving them.

There's this new stuff I've seen advertised in popular mechanics called Xado "engine revitalizer". Claims to use nanotechnology to somehow fill in scuffs and wear to moving parts. It's very expensive, like $50 for a small tube, and even they claim it can take hundreds of miles for effects to be noticed. Sounds like they're mitigating disappointment right out of the gate.

Scared of any of these additaves.Use seafoam that's it.When i was a lil guy,I saw a stp commerical,Racers edge,And all that,Drained the oil in my go cart poured my go cart full,10 minutes later locked up go cart!

Back