ZX14 vs Vmax 2nd Gen

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fastyz400

Reaction score
So, I met this guy with a vmax. He wanted to do a little comparison. Keep in mind, I'm not much of a drag racer, however, I thought his Vmax was sweet.

Vmax rider: 150lbs (no cats, power commander, professionally tuned)
Zx14 rider: 215lbs (no cats, slipons, flies removed, stock ecu)

3rd run, I was at his back tire the whole way.

Huge weight advantage for the vmax.

That vmax is a beast, videos or pictures doesn't do it justice.

We did this video to take the launch aspect out of the equation. Trying to remove rider error.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHSzo2yJybw

co worker of mine brought his 2012 zx14 to work. ya, ok it's fast on paper (and asphalt hahaha), but, and don't take it personal, it is a matter of personal taste and just my opinion, but i think the zx14 is ugly--at least my coworker's. even the busa looks awkward to me. i don't need braggin rights of being able to out run everything and so if i could ever find gold dabloons, the max is what i would swap for them. i like bikes with a 'tude sitting still as much as being "in yo face" on the road and the max for me is "all that and a bucket-o-rice".

Actually, with the two stated riders, the total weight of both bike and riders are pretty close. Lots more modding to do to his VMax to make it even faster for not much money!
Thanks for posting!

co worker of mine brought his 2012 zx14 to work. ya, ok it's fast on paper (and asphalt hahaha), but, and don't take it personal, it is a matter of personal taste and just my opinion, but i think the zx14 is ugly--at least my coworker's. even the busa looks awkward to me. i don't need braggin rights of being able to out run everything and so if i could ever find gold dabloons, the max is what i would swap for them. i like bikes with a 'tude sitting still as much as being "in yo face" on the road and the max for me is "all that and a bucket-o-rice".

Actually, the Vmax guy approached me for a comparison. I was on a scenic ride up south mountain, in Phoenix.

"Huge weight advantage for the vmax."
That might be the FIRST time I have ever heard that statement!!
LOL :)

Interesting first post. Welcome to the collective :clapping:

I imagine it will wind up on Starvmax's site pretty quick, They are all about the GenII over there.
I hate seeing riding videos :bang head: especially when its -45 and snow on the ground. :biglaugh: Oh well, 3 more months til riding time.
Till then keep posting them and I'll keep watching them. I wonder if I put a fan on , crank up the volume and scoot a little closer to my monitor, if that would help the withdrawls:ummm:

yeah, I put it there.... ;)

I feel bad for you guys that can't ride year (or mostly) around...

Lol, I not one of those teabaggers that thinks nothing can touch my bike. It was just a friendly comparison.

Lol, I not one of those teabaggers that thinks nothing can touch my bike. It was just a friendly comparison.

LOL,
I say interesting because normally ppls first post, generally, is a hello and a little bit about thier Vmax. Not the I ride a 14 and here is a vid of me racing a Vmax.

You'll find a few people here ride different bikes. Some are the "looking to get a Max" and others are the "Used to own a Vmax". All's good. And once again, Welcome aboard. :biglaugh:

Nice video....and nice post too...

Giving a thumbs up of respect to a contender that you know can surprise you and knock you down if you aren't at your best is nice coming from a ZX14 owner...Thanks

I like the ZX14 in Solid no nonsense colors, have ridden one and could see owning one.....

I was going to ask if you filmed that vid out in West Texas, looked like where I grew up, till I saw New Mexico...I love that kind of landscape.......Miss it

I think I read somewhere that things like this could happen in the Phoenix area...........:confused2:.............Thanks for posting, I enjoyed the vid, that looks like a blast!...............................Tom.

Interesting first post. Welcome to the collective :clapping:

I imagine it will wind up on Starvmax's site pretty quick, They are all about the GenII over there.
I hate seeing riding videos :bang head: especially when its -45 and snow on the ground. :biglaugh: Oh well, 3 more months til riding time.
Till then keep posting them and I'll keep watching them. I wonder if I put a fan on , crank up the volume and scoot a little closer to my monitor, if that would help the withdrawls:ummm:

Great video! Mr. Max gets spanked as I expected... I mean the G2 VMax is a great bike as a show of BRUTE power.. The VMax 17 just does not have a well thought out balance between power, weight, and control. Reminds me of some muscle cars all muscle and no brain.... The sitting position, engine displacement, rake, and weight just does not play well together... I feel that Yamaha could have done a much better job sticking with the 1200 power plant and pouring all their money and R&D on improving he G1 design and power delivery....

Amaury

It is 50 and sunny today in Chicago, I might just go for a quick ride after work today :biglaugh:

You suck out loud!! LOL
:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

It's been about 100 degs cooler here, and now that its warmed up to the -30's the roads are like greased glass and it never fails to amaze me how many people forget how to drive on a slick surface. I think that about 70% of them out there have their eyes shut and are using the force.

Enjoy the ride!, put in a few extra mile for me :punk:

You suck out loud!! LOL
:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

It's been about 100 degs cooler here, and now that its warmed up to the -30's the roads are like greased glass and it never fails to amaze me how many people forget how to drive on a slick surface. I think that about 70% of them out there have their eyes shut and are using the force.

Enjoy the ride!, put in a few extra mile for me :punk:
It doesn't happen all that often around here where you can ride in January. For some reason this winter blows and it's super warm. I think they said on the news last night it's 11th warmest winter.

Back