Help! Venture Drive Line/Vmax Drive Line?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bikedave99

Reaction score
Quick question. In the process of swapping out my Vmax diff for a Venture diff. The Venture diff I bought came with the drive line still in place. Do I need to swap the drive line from the Vmax to the Venture diff? I measured them both and it looks like the Venture line is a 1/4" longer. I'm not immediately sure how to pull the drive line and would like to avoid it if possible. Thanks for the help!

:punk: Hey, just get a good grip on the drive shaft and it pulls out of the final drive unit. Make sure you put the little spring back in and put some grease on the gears. Should be no problem, I'd use the Vmax Shaft though. Good Luck, Spur

Ya, defo use the Max drive shaft. Like spurs said, to get it out just give it a good pull and it'll pop out.

Then refit the shaft inside the swingarm first (slightly tricky) then offer the diff to the shaft and pop it in.

Thanks for the responses guys! I was digging through the FSM and could not tell from the cutaway what was holding the shaft in the diff. Then I kept searching the forum and eventually found a post by Milne detailing the mashing of his nads while pulling the shaft out! Ha ha, sorry Mark, but it told me all I needed to know about removing the drive shaft! I pulled it out and swapped it over, easy as can be! Now, reinstalling the swingarm..... thats another story! Thanks guys!!

Put the swingarm on first, then install the drive shaft in thru the swingarm into the u-joint. Got to have some patience in lining it up. Leave the shocks disconnected when you do it so you can pivot the swingarm into the correct position. It took me about 15 minutes of putzing around to get it in there. I was able to almost see what I was doing with a spot light shining in the swingarm, laying on the floor, one eye closed and the other squinting :biglaugh:

If I remember right I let the arm hang down as low as possible till I got it lined up and started, then picked it up parallel with the floor to push it in the whole way. This thread has some helpful info on getting the driveshaft back in. http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=8120&page=3&highlight=drive+shaft

Once you got the drive shaft in, lube the end of it and put the diff on with the bolts just finger tight. Put the axle in place to line everything up and then tighten the acorn nuts on the diff. Check out this pdf that has been posted up here on the site before on how to align the diff.

Attachments

• Creaking rear wheel[1].pdf
    294.7 KB · Views: 32
Put the swingarm on first, then install the drive shaft in thru the swingarm into the u-joint. Got to have some patience in lining it up. Leave the shocks disconnected when you do it so you can pivot the swingarm into the correct position. It took me about 15 minutes of putzing around to get it in there. I was able to almost see what I was doing with a spot light shining in the swingarm, laying on the floor, one eye closed and the other squinting :biglaugh:

If I remember right I let the arm hang down as low as possible till I got it lined up and started, then picked it up parallel with the floor to push it in the whole way. This thread has some helpful info on getting the driveshaft back in. http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=8120&page=3&highlight=drive+shaft

Once you got the drive shaft in, lube the end of it and put the diff on with the bolts just finger tight. Put the axle in place to line everything up and then tighten the acorn nuts on the diff. Check out this pdf that has been posted up here on the site before on how to align the diff.

Thanks again Mike! I got the swingarm back on yesterday evening without too much hoopla. Did I get it on in Morley's 15 seconds? Nope, but I got it there, and even did it with the diff on and nothing guiding the shaft... gets heavy after a few minutes. Either way, that was a helpful thread, no wonder I didn't find it. Buried in a motor mount thread. Anyway, good info on the torgueing sequence for sure, FSM was strangely silent on that. Silky smooth now. Hoping this takes away at least a smidge of that wonderful wallowing in the long sweepers. Maybe its time to follow CoffeeBreaks lead and swap to solid motor mounts.

Latest posts

Back