Gas with Ethenol

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alorio1

Reaction score
Took my weed eater to the Stihl dealership because it was running sick and was still in warranty. The guy asked me if I had gas in it that contained ethanol. I told him yes , I filled the tank about two months ago. He poured it out and put fresh gas in it and it ran just fine. He told me that gas with Ethanol goes bad after about two months and most of his work is fixing carbs with internals gone bad from Ethanol in gas. Just a heads up on this fuel we are having to run in our gas powered items.

I don't run it in anything, 7 vehicles and all power equipment use Non Ethanol... Search for non ethanol gas stations...

as far as i can tell there isn't a non-ethanol gas station in all of new england.

i have heard if you slowly pour gas over an open flame you can burn the ethanol out and be left with pure gas... fact?

:confused2: Hey, we've been using it for years with no problems. You just have to drive them, not let then sit around. Real gas goes bad too when left for extended periods. And if it helps relieve "Global Warming" Ha Ha, That's a good thing. Don't worry about ethanol, that's not the problem, letting your bike sit is. Good Luck, Spurs

What ethanol gas does is absorb water over time. Your best bet is to put Starbrite Startron in your fuel. I was amazed how well it works.

Sent from my iPad using special algorithms and data nodes.

gamorg02 and old timer, You guys are absolutely right. No Non Ethanol Stations in your state....:ummm: That Sucks....

We have about 100 Non Ethanol stations here in Florida... And, We don't have to put the bikes up for winter either...:biglaugh:
I've ridden one or another every day with few exceptions for years... COP RUNNER's got the right idea, move to Florida....:clapping:

OMG New Hampshire has one station...

Considering that you loose MPG when burning Ethanol, I seriously doubt it's help with Global Warming....:confused2:

i hear there's one in wooooostah! haha...

you must mean worchester....lol. when i was up there working in boston and around Mass, when i asked for directions one time to Worchester they guy looked at me like WTF language are you speaking then he said OHHH you mean wooooooostah, then i looked at him like WTF language are you speaking.....lol.

you Mass guys that are familiar with the Super Stop and Shops, the annoying womans voice that says "customer assistance isle ***" I'm the one that installed about all of them up there, hope ya like em....lol. they irritated the shit out of me...

You guys can have Florida in the summer. Been there, won't be back. Our winter is your riding season IMO.

Sent from my iPad using special algorithms and data nodes.

Thats funny shit bigrubbers:clapping::clapping::clapping:

you must mean worchester....lol. when i was up there working in boston and around Mass, when i asked for directions one time to Worchester they guy looked at me like WTF language are you speaking then he said OHHH you mean wooooooostah, then i looked at him like WTF language are you speaking.....lol.

you Mass guys that are familiar with the Super Stop and Shops, the annoying womans voice that says "customer assistance isle ***" I'm the one that installed about all of them up there, hope ya like em....lol. they irritated the shit out of me...

haha yea, i've only lived out here 5 yrs now tho so i'm not a 'born and raised', no accent for me, but i did the same mistake. about 8 years ago visiting a girl from college i called to tell her i was outside of worcester, she had no idea what i was talking about!

Yes, Florida does Severely Suck in the Summer... But if you ride fast enough and at night, it's not bad.... Reason for having multiple VMax's here...:rofl_200:

haha yea, i've only lived out here 5 yrs now tho so i'm not a 'born and raised', no accent for me, but i did the same mistake. about 8 years ago visiting a girl from college i called to tell her i was outside of worcester, she had no idea what i was talking about!

ques is did you ever find your way to her when you spoke that other language hahahah.

my bro use to live in wooosta!!!!hahaha he schooled me fast on how to pronounce it.

Movie thought:

Title: MAD vMAX:
Premise: Renegade bikers scour the New England desert in search of non-ethanol spiked gas.
The Hero: vMAX: A man mad with grief after losing his wife in a tragic accident whereby she was attempting to burn the ethanol off the gas by pouring it over an open flame.

My wife inspired this idea! Waddya all think?

Blaine

Last edited:
Movie thought:

Title: MAD vMAX:
Premise: Renegade bikers scour the New England desert in search of non-ethanol spiked gas.
The Hero: vMax: A man mad with grief after losing his wife in a tragic accident whereby she was attempting to burn the ethanol off the gas by pouring it over an open flame.

My wife inspired this idea! Waddya all think?

Blaine
Might be a box office hit.........let gamorg02 Play the leading role.

Back